1. The Classic Introduction - James

Hi. I'm James Howard; Criminal investigator. You know, you get hooked on shows like CSI and then think "I want to do that job!". It's fun, but it's fucked up. Those TV shows sugarcoat it. I've been in this department for 24 years, and I've seen things no human ever wants to see.

I'm here in sweet ol' Auburn, Washington; inside the home of a Mr. Andrew Highland. It's a common serial killer case, nothing really new. He's about 5'10, shagged brown hair and dresses like a Urban Outfitters model. Hell, at least he has some sort of a fashion sense. Most of them look like they sleep in a garbage can. Well, some of them have to be decent-looking sometimes. He's 22, but he looks about 15. It's weird. I've only seen and talked to the suspect once. Well, "talked".

All he really did was hand me a piece of paper that said: "You caught me. Now find it. Find it, and you'll be able to read me like a book." I kept asking him what he wanted me to find but all he did was give me a smug grin for like, 2 hours.

So, basically, I'm here to find the it he speaks of. I've been here for a few hours, going through his papers and belongings, finding nothing in particular......Until, I got frustated and tried to wipe everything off his desk; a book stopping my hand from swiping across the table. I froze in my anger, nudging the book more and more. It wouldn't budge.

Read me like a book. That riddling bastard. I opened the cover to find a thin keypad glued to the back of the front cover. What, does he think I'm Nancy Drew or something?  I tried his house number: nope. His birthday? Nope. I flipped through all his documents again, finding numbers and punching them in with no luck. Before I left, I skimmed the book's pages. This book didn't seem the tiniest bit interesting; its title: Death's Playlist.  I kept reading though; making sure not to miss anything. 

Nothing was popping up at me and it was getting late, so I decided to work on it tomorrow. I mean, he's locked up. He can't murder someone in jail, right?