Matilda

I hated moving houses all my life, but tomorrow is the day that I have to. Knowing we're forced to move is annoying. But knowing that people died in the house makes matters worse .It was my step-mom's idea, and it felt like moving away from our real mother too even though she left long ago...

A little more info...

My mom died when Morgan and I were only 3 years old because of congestive heart failure. she bought the house we are now living in for half of her budget. After a while Morgan and I (Madison) were born. I'm 20 minutes older than Morgan and we were twins that loved each other for life. I seemed to be more exposed to mom than dad though. Dad said my first word was 'mama' and Morgan's was 'Mommy'. It was then when the news came that she died, But until we were 11, all these secrets were kept from us. This got me scared that I might eventually forget of her existence.

"I really don't want to move" Morgan sighs as she pops in her phone and jewellery in her suitcase. I shrug. There was nothing really we could do about it. "Hopefully, mom changes her mind when she finally realises how bad it feels" I murmur. Morgan gives me a perplexed look "How are we going to convince her...?" There was an awkward silence and by that we knew there was no other way. We both made our way into the parlour, hand in hand, where our step mom was sitting stirring the gooey mixture acquired in her milky coffee cup. We stood in silence, Morgan and I were a team that couldn't be broken, if our step mother was trying to ruin our memory we weren't going to let her. "Morgan, Madison, I know it's hard but, some things have to be done because, well you two need to learn to...." Marline smirked "Forget" She clearly didn't look sorry at all, in fact, she had a hint of happiness hiding within her. Morgan laughs faintly. "make me" was all she said before she wondered around in the corridor. "that's not the way you talk toyour mother! Im in control and you should respect me you fool!" "mother? You'll never be my mother!" Morgan exclaimed. I pulled her backwards as our stepmother came bawling towards her. "I meant it when I said that ill ship you two stupid children into a boarding school so I can live in peace, your silly father cant-" Thankfully that woman kept quiet before father could hear. Swiftly, she turned to face me before lowering her voice. "goes for you too misses goody-two-shoes" She rolled her eyes in disgust. Reluctantly, I stood up, pushing my past to the side. I couldn't believe that witch had the right to do that, but then again, Typical Marline.