Chapter 1: The Beginning...

My pupils dilated in fear as I saw the town covered with darkness and fire...

And I saw a man.... lying down, drenched in his blood...

I cupped my ears and shut my eyes in fear. I wanted to shout but someone pulled me from behind. It was a young boy.

".....Jinhye!"

He called out a name....He pulled me back... and dragged me away...

"No! NO!!" I shouted and opened my eyes with tears flowing.

"Jooeun... are you having those weird nightmares again?" Aeri said, worrying about me.

"Ah.. I must have read too much of those ghost stories..." I told her and laughed a bit just to ease her worrying.

"I see, well we have a very busy day ahead of us~ so let's get prepared and head to town" she told me.

We prepared ourselves and headed to town. I wore my casual suit, a pale Jeogori and a silky deep red Chima while Aeri wears a pink Jeogori matching her yellow Chima. We were walking our donkey which was carrying our cart together with the goods we are going to sell.

"Ahh~ It has been a while since the royal family insisted to have a parade in town~" Aeri said as she flashes her bright smile as always.

"We have to do our best and sell all our goods!" I told her with a dash of competitiveness as we walk through the entrance of Gyeongseok-do.

I've been with Aeri all through these years.. She's my only family and my only friend. We treated each other like sisters. I can't remember anything from the past but all I know is that we were both orphans. As of now the past doesn't really matter to me, because having her by my side is enough and I'm contented of what memory I have.

The town was filled with noise and lively people.

"5 persimmons for only 2 nyang!" a random merchant said.

"Steamed sweet potatoes! Steamed sweet potatoes!"

"This jade hair accessory would suit well a seemingly beautiful lady like you~"

"Wow, it's so lively and the colorful lanterns are really pretty!" Aeri chuckled in amazement as soon as we entered the town.

We dont have much money for the following days so I was somehow worried but luckily I made these bows and arrows for hunting and I might be able to sell them for a good price.

"Hmm.. I wonder if there are hunters here that might need the weapons I made. We would gather a lot of money with these." I said, then a soldier shouted from afar.

"NO SHARP WEAPONS ALLOWED!" The armed soldier rushed to us and Aeri was terrified.

He was riding a mighty black horse that startled our donkey which was tied into the cart that was carrying the goods. The cart stumbled and we were left with everything destroyed.

"YOU! You're a huge threat for the King's special celebration!" He pointed at me and destroyed all the bows and arrows I made.

"You dont know the rules here! Sharp weapons are not allowed inside this town! Especially when a parade would be held!" The soldier responded in anger and unexpectedly draw out his sword and pointed it at my face.

"The royal soldiers are the only one's allowed to hold weaponries for the King's defense!" He boastfully added.

Our surroundings became quiet. Aeri held me tight and told me to let go and calm myself as she sees my face turning red due to anger. I wanted to threaten him with my sword but he is a royal soldier and I'm just a visitor merchant.