Timeless Thorns

A young boy sits in a rose garden, at the very center. Weeping in the moonlight. The rose, a beautiful sight but painful to touch. The boy weeped for a singular rose among the millions all about the garden. The rose itself was wilted, dying.

An old man, sits in a rose garden. Weeping in the moonlight at the very center of the garden. Every rose in the garden had been replaced by another generation accept the rose that had once occupied the empty space in front of the old man. One day, a boy approaches the old man and asks him why he is weeping. The old man explains to the boy how he misses his dear rose and all it's unique traits. Yes, all roses are largely similar here but look closely and unique quirks can found.

The boy asked the old man why he had not simply planted another. To which the old man replied, "why- I- I hadn't thought of that. I've been too busy mourning the loss of my dear rose...".

The boy offers out his hand to the old man, who takes his hand then lets go. Thus giving the boy the keys to the shed at which he had stored the seeds. Together, they replanted and watered a new rose until it had finally blossomed. It wasn't much like the original rose but it stood confidently in its place. The sun rises and the sky illuminates warmly. The boy had faded away to the past and the old man tends to the new rose as if it were his. Eventually the old man passes away with little to no regrets. He had been able to leave the rose garden and live the life he had always dreamed of. He died with no concern as a little girl sits next to him. Nurturing. Hiding the pain behind his loving smile, he gives her one last gift with his dying breath. The keys to the rose garden. No words needed to be spoken.