Prologue

My steps echo on the lobby's marble floor as I quickly walk to the elevator, not wanting anyone to see my red, puffy eyed, tear stained face. I walk into the elevator, eying myself in the large mirrors which surround me, while pressing the button for the penthouse.

My hair is a mess. My makeup is a mess. I am the definition of mess.

"Jesus" I sigh, holding my pounding head.

I hear a ding as the elevator reaches the penthouse. I straighten up my clothes and pat down my hair before walking into my penthouse.

"I'm home" I shout, trying not to sound shaky.

"Okay sweetie, Daphne has just set the table and brought the food out. Come and sit down with your father and I" Mother shouts from the dining room.

I use the sleeves of my shirt to wipe my face one more time, before walking into the dining room and sitting down at the head of the table, mother on one side and father on the other.

"Sweetie, what happened" Mother says, taking my hand in between both of hers while she studies me with complete concern. I take a deep breath.

"Will cheated on me. Again." I say rolling my eyes at myself for trusting him... again. "Only this time it was with... Kath"

"Surely Kath wouldn't do that to you honey, she's your best friend" Father says, shocked.

"Listen she did. I don't want to talk about it." I say shakily. I turn to Daphne who is pouring me a glass of water. "Im really sorry Daphne, everything looks lovely, but I'm not very hungry" I say getting up. I head up the marble spiral staircase to my room.

That was the last time I would ever see my parents alive.