Chapter one Mahogany's pov

An: this is unedited. Also, I know mahogany isn't really 16, she just is for the story. I hope you love it. Comment, I want to hear what y'all have to say.

I crawl out of bed and over to my closet. I tiptoe cause I don't want to wake my dad up. If I do, he'll beat me for sure. I'm mahogany lox. I'm sixteen. Able to move out in 2 years. I could run away, but he'd find me. He always would. I see a pair of skinny jeans and a hoodie. A hoodie will cover up my scars. I run my fingers through my red curly hair. I grab my phone and my backpack and walk downstairs. I hear my dads footsteps and I draw in a sharp breathe. Then I run for the door. I grab my keys to the junky car and get it in. It's cold so I pull the hood up. My dad runs out after me. I start the car and pull away as fast as I can. He's drunk. I can tell. He acts like this when he's drunk.

I pull up in front of the school and get out. I see the popular kids. They're part of magcon. Vine famous I think. They're so mean. They treat everyone that isn't them or hot girls like crap. Except a few of them. I hurry in, hoping not to be seen by them. But, they see me. Cameron pulls on my hood. He and Nash are the leaders of their little clique.

"Get away from me," I try to pull away, but he pulls me closer.

"No," he simply says. He pulls me along and he and his gang pull me into a supply closet. Nash starts kicking and beating me. Cameron is yelling at me.

"Is this what your dad does to you?" They all laugh. Except for Jacob. Jacob has a heart, unlike those idiots. He reaches his hand into all the chaos and pulls me out. He yells, "stop," at the boys and gets me out. I can't move my leg and I have a severe stomach pain. I groan because I hurt so bad. He picks me up bridal style and begins to run cause he can hear their footsteps.

We finally get to his car and he smiles, "finally. Are you okay."

"Yeah, I can't really move though."

"I'll get my mom to fix you up."

"Thanks. Why do you hang out with them."

Jacob sighs, "I'm part of magcon, so I sorta have to. They're cool when they're nice. And when they're not around girls. Bros before hoes doesn't really apply to them."

I laugh. I've seen them. When they see a hot girl, they just go up to them and come on to them. They're so stupid.

Jacob says,"so mahogany, I love your hair," he smooths it with his hands.

"I've heard you sing,you sing amazing."

"Thank you."