wet skin

"Ack! No WAY!"

The sounds were unmistakable,  the large crashes of thunder paired with the heavy patters of rain seen and felt on the windows of the classroom. 

Josuke's face was that of absolute horror,  cheeks clasped between his hands as he stares out the window. "Did the news say it was going to rain today?!" He exclaims, his voice pitched with  an upset tone. He turns slowly to face Y/N and Okuyasu, you still looking out the same window while Okuyasu showered the empty room with loud laughter, slapping his knee, the table he sat on shaking underneath his jittering weight.

"You're so overreacting, Josuke!" Y/N turns to face him, a cheeky smile on her face, "What's your problem?" He pouts his lips towards the schoolgirl, with an exasperated sigh, a long groan escaping his throat as he looks up towards the ceiling, clasping the table behind him with both hands. "I don't have an umbrella, Y/N!" Josuke brings his eyes back to Y/N, his teeth clenched as nervous sweat droplets seem to drip down his forehead. "My hair is gonna be a messss...." His voice suddenly a bit quieter.

Your face was blank for awhile, before stifling a laugh, pressing your fist up to your mouth, cheeks flush with the amount of power trying to escape your mouth. This makes Okuyasu laugh even more, falling off of the table. Josuke stands and crosses his arms, an annoyed look on his face. "Aw come on, Y/N. Don't be like that." He lets a frustrated raspberry out through plump lips, his face slightly flush from embarrassment, "You know how I feel about my hair..."

Y/N sighs, pressing her head down in her hand, as she sits daintily on top another table.  Each finger taps her skin as she sits and thinks to herself, "How far is your house from school?"

"It's about a 10-15 minute walk." He replies, cringing at the thought of walking home in this weather. Y/N sits up on the table, crossing her arms. "Well, my house is just down the street, so I can grab you an umbrella if you'd like." 

Josuke blinks wide eyes at Y/N, a surprised yet calm expression on his face. "You'd really do that for me?" He points to himself, expression unchanging. Y/N raises an eyebrow, "Of course, it's not much." Her voice trails off, stretching her arms out before standing. "You can even stay longer if you'd like-" Y/N's voice was caught off by a sudden loud inhale from Okuyasu, "Y/N, you know what your parents are like! If they ever find out that you had a boy over, even for a moment, they'd totally kill you!" She watches him quietly for a moment before sighing with a soft "yeah, yeah." 

Josuke looks almost disappointed, sighing and looking out the window to the pouring rain. "Buuuut...." when Y/N's voice suddenly enters the conversation again, Josuke turned his almost too quickly to hear a response.

She has a grin on her face, sticking a thumbs up. "They're out all week, they'll never know!" Okuyasu makes an unholy noise in response, definitely overreacting, his face bright red. Josuke exhales softly, watching Y/N quietly, a small smile on his face as he nods over to her. "Well! we aren't going to get an umbrella if we just stand here doing nothing! And I'm sure a teacher will kick us out soon." Josuke snorts at the remark, and both him and Okuyasu stand straight, heading for the door.

As soon as the three leave the front door of the school, the cold wet air chills the three of them, making them all shiver in unison. Josuke gulps as he looks at the road ahead of them, Y/N giving him a friendly dig in the arm. "I can literally see my house from here, it's no sweat, Josuke."  

Y/N notices his upset expression, and the wheels begin to keep turning in her mind. She begins to start taking her  sweater off. Handing it to the wide-eyed Josuke, Y/N smiles. "It's not much, but if we make a break for it, keeping it over your head should do some good, right?" Y/N gives a confused grin, making Josuke smile right back, "Y-Yeah, thanks."