I

Rowoon knew that there were fans following him and he wasn't in any mood to take pictures or sign autographs right then. He was on break and he just wanted to enjoy the day like a normal person would.

He walked around for a little while, dodging in and out of alleys in the hopes of trying to lose them when he came across the cafe. Rowoon did a double take as the building looked more like a house than a commercial space but there was a small OPEN sign was hanging on the gate and the faint smell of coffee clung in the air. Rowoon looked around once more and slipped inside, hoping that he would finally be left alone. 

The inside of the place was a whole lot bigger than he imagined. The counter was at the far left side of the room with a small door that probably leads to the kitchen. The rest of the space was taken up with a variety of couches and tables and chairs. There wasn't really a theme to the decorations but every piece looked well used and loved giving the place a homey atmosphere. 

A guy emerged from the doorway and looked at him curiously. Rowoon thought that the guy recognized him and was about to turn around and leave when he smiled a generic smile and bowed. 

Okay, so far so good, Rowoon thought. 

After placing his order, he took a seat on the far right corner. There was a huge bay window beside it offering a view of the small garden outside. A huge crabapple tree was in full bloom, its small pink flowers a pleasing contrast to the vine covered wall.

The server brought him his food a few minutes later and set his order in front of him.

"Thank you, Taeyang-ssi," Rowoon muttered spotting the name on the guy's uniform.

The guy smiled and nodded, "Enjoy your meal."

The door to the cafe opened and he heard voices and so Rowoon shifted in his seat, trying not to be seen. Thankfully, the new customers were an elderly couple who didn't seem to recognize him. He let out a sigh and settled more comfortably in the chair.

The café was quiet save for the soft music and the tinkering of machines and maybe occassional snippets of conversation from the couple. Rowoon decided right then that he liked it. It was very rare for him to be able to go to a place without phones being shoved in front of his face or pieces of paper he had to sign.  

For the first time in a long while, Rowoon was able to breathe. 

The café was one of his greatest discoveries that he found himself heading towards it the next day and the day after that or just any time that was possible for him. The place was a very welcome respite from the chaos of the entertainment industry – a silent sanctuary where time moves slowly and quietly giving him some space to think.

And he started getting to know the only guy who seemed to work in the place- Taeyang. A tall, shy kid who makes the best coffee and a smile that can rival that of the sun. It wasn’t easy to get the guy talking but it seems Taeyang was just as curious about him because the guy finally initiated a conversion during his sixth or maybe seventh visit.

“Thank you for always coming here,” Taeyang said after placing his order in front of him.

Rowoon looked up at him and smiled. “What can I say, you make amazing coffee,” he blurted out.

The guy blushed and looked down, fingers twiddling on top of the tray he carried.

“Uh, thanks,” he replied. “Enjoy your meal,” he said, leaving Rowoon alone with his food.