To places Together

I haven't written Karmanami in a while. This was resting in my drafts for months now and finally I got to finish it! Hurray!! Hope you like it!
...

To places Together

“Are we robbing stuff now?”

Manami asked, struggling to remove a twig from her hair. Her other hand was securely clasped in his larger one as he dragged her through the bushes. The leaves and grasses tickled her shin due to their movement.

“We aren’t going to rob anything tonight, I don’t think that’s romantic enough."

Karma's snarky smirk made her giggle.

“So yeah? Then maybe Assassinating is?”

Karma half wheezed out a laugh at her response, “Trust me, darling, we aren’t doing any illegal stuff tonight.”

“Forgive me, Karma-kun. You’re the one who has studied the law. Tell me if trespassing isn’t?”

Karma stopped and turned to look at her, his golden eyes glinting with something mischievous in the moonlight that streamed through the canopy above.

“Youre getting snarkier with each passing day Manami. I’m actually impressed!”

“I aim to please, my dear sir.”

Manami gave him a mock bow which made Karma shake his head, a fond smile still on his lips, before he tugged her back to the path they were on.

“Tell me again why we are trespassing your Superior's house in the middle of the night?”

“Because I really like it? The house? Not that old tweezer though.” He replied nonchalantly.

“Karma-kun!”

“Fine! I just really wanted you see something. And it’s the full moon tonight. And well, it’s our first date.”

Yes. Their first date. It is still something akin to a dream for her. A beautiful truth, that she is afraid, would vanish and break with the slightest of the pressure. After her accidental confession to a half asleep Karma, she had never expected him to remember it…let alone return her feelings. The sheer implication of him…being in love with her for a while now made her a blushing, bumbling mess. The reality of their friendship turning into this precious feeling seemed so fragile that every second that she spends around him makes her question it again and again.

Although, the warmth of his hand seeping into hers is as true as her existence.

Manami still doesn’t get why their first official date was supposed to be not normal. It was, at first, with a decent dinner at their favourite diner after he had dutifully picked her up from her research laboratory institute. But soon after a trip to their dessert café, they both realised how they didn’t want the night to end like this.

After all, it was after two months of being in an official relationship that they secured this chance. Because the first few evenings were spent lazing around with a nice home dinner because either of them had a hard day at work.

Manami didn’t mind it. Not at all. Both of them valued each other too much for that. She was a scientist, saving lives with the help of science and he was a bureaucrat serving nation and paving new pathways for its development.

But Manami loved it that even two months of 'dating' had not changed their relationship. Even today, Karma took things the way he normally does. He still did his best to not invade her personal space, he still did let silence talk between them. The only difference now…it was that she wasn’t 'Okuda-san' anymore.