Geometry 1

Sometimes, every so often, there is Someone. Now, this is quite rare. A Someone who can see right through you, see into you, and it makes you shiver and turn away.

This Someone was watching me. Me, of all people! Right in the middle of Geometry One, that Someone was watching me, chewing on his pencil with a contemplative look in his dreamy hazel eyes. Alright. Maybe I was just imagining it. Paul Gerrington would never look at me. Not intentionally anyways.

I couldn't concentrate on my homework. The minutes ticked past like hours. And still, I felt the pressure of Someone's eyes on the back of my neck, which was quite sensitive, mind you. I dared peek backwards. He was still there, not that I'd expected anything different. His eyes met mine, just for a second, and I think he may have done it on purpose. No, it wasn't possible.

I quickly looked away, back to my desk. I rubbed my fingers across the old wood of my desk, loving the feel of the ridges and valleys in the faded oak. My fingers trailed across the desk, and then I noticed. The sounds of my fingers sliding across the desk had changed. They were... Clicking? I examined my fingertips carefully, alarmed. What was going on?

My first thought was that it could not be happening. Not to me! I leaned back in my desk chair and checked the time. Thirty sufferable minutes until the end of Geometry. Ugh. Idly checking the time every so often, my thoughts wandered.

Ever since I'd been little, I had known I was different. My senses, apparently, were sharper than other little kids my age. That hadn't really mattered to me much, until one fine night when I turned. A full moon shone dully in the sky, looking to all the world as if it would rip a seam or something and pop.

That's when a corresponding pop sounded, coming from my hands. I jumped, startled, and looked down at my hands- no! Paws? I hid my head behind my sheets, and honestly I don't remember anything for what my mom says was the next four days. That's how I found out. I have the misfortune of being a werewolf.