Chapter 1 {New Job}

The night air was cool and smelled like fuel exhaust, nitrogen, and cigarette. A few of her favorite things The chatter of the small very exclusive group of racers stood around before the information of the racing list was give out. Not everyone raced and if you didn't race you didn't get money, no money well. You go home not eating once again. Mishani made sure she busted her ass each race so she could go home with even a little something. Each race you won you moved higher up in the rankings, if you are higher in rankings you raced more then others.

The one at the top of the ranking was Jon Hue, the best of the best. Every damn race he won, never took any loses. Always took the money home. Mishani wasn't jealous, she admired him. She wanted to be as good as him, and she kinda was. Mishani too was high in rank, number 13. Everyone in the group called her rookie because that's what she was. Mis just started a few nights ago. And she was already 13 out of 30. Pretty damn impressive if you asked her.

The small red head girl sat on the hood of her car. A Nissan Skyline R34 GT. It was all white, Fury she called it. Through thick and thin, she been with this car. Mishani wouldn't trade it for anything else. A cigarette landed between her ring covered fingers as she face the city lights of Tokyo.

"Yo Phoenix!" Mishani heard

"Yo Phoenix!" Mishani heard. Around here you weren't called by your real name unless you where Jon Hue. You got a nickname to keep identity hidden from the cops, and rival racers. Everyone who wasn't yourself was a rival racer. "Hey Hummy got something good for me." She asked tilting her head back to look at him. He got the name hummy because his car hummed when you revved it up. Beautiful sound it was. Hummy nodded with a smile. "You're third after Nic. Better get that ass in line before your spot is taken. Moneys on the line darling." He spoke waving his hand as he walked off. "When isn't it on the line!" Mishani called after him.

She received a laugh before she put out her cigarette with the sole of her boot. Flicking the dead bud into the grass she swung around into her car. Starting her baby up Mishani pulled herself into her spot in the line.

Her mind was always blank before she raced, she never thought she just raced. Thinking got her killed in a time like this. One wrong move and boom, gonzo forever. As she sat in line waiting for it to begin she examined the car in front of her. Nic's car, damn his car was nice. She jumped slightly hearing a knock on her window. Quickly looking it was him. JON HUE! Mishani fumbled to roll her window. She most likely looked stupid as hell.

When she finally got it down she smiled softly at him. "Hey.." she commented nonchalantly. Jon didn't look so amused, Mishani dropped her smile. "You gotta be careful with this guy you're going up against. He's the best in his district, you need to focus on not dying rather then beating him okay?" He informed his eyes flickering toward the car across from her own. Her head turned slowly, she grimaced when she caught eyes with a very very menacing man. Mishani waved at him causing him to practically snarl and rev his engine.

"Well he seemed nice." She lies as she looked back at Jon nervously. "You got this red." He told her with a nod as he patted her hand before heading to his car, that sat in front of her. The sound of his car roared to light making her skin jump. Why was she so jumpy tonight? It was just nerves, just nerves.

-
Race after race it then was Mishani's turn. Pushing her firey red hair into a ponytail, she buckled her seat belt and popped in a piece of gum to calm her nerves. Jon drove past slowly nodding toward her, Mishani blew him a kiss playfully as she laughed. Looking across from her she saw her rival. Was it true? The best in his district shit! That was good but Mishani was better. Smirking she winked at the male causing him to roll his eyes. "Watch out little one, that cash is mine." He called as Hummy got into place racing the flags. "Yeah yeah talk all you'd like. We'll see who crosses that line first." She shot back smirking as she pressed her has. Fury jumping to life ready to be let out of brake.

And that's what they did

And that's what they did. Those flags were down and Mishani was flying down the road. The race was one of her best, and like she said they would see who crossed that line and who crossed the line? Little red did that's who! As she crossed the line she quickly jumped out throwing her hands in the air. Hummy ran over to her, throwing her up into the air. "Girl you're a beast!" He yelled as he caught her. Minny laughed rolling her eyes. "Thanks Hummy." She said turning seeing Jon.

"I guess I underestimated you-" he began to say but he was abruptly stopped by her competitor. "You little bitch!" He yelled walking toward her, Min reached into her waist band grabbing her switch blade. Hummy reached into his own grabbing his pistol. Both Hummy and Jon stood in front of her, the others circled around her. "Guys I'm not helpless jeez." She mumbled mostly to herself. "That little whore cheated!" The male yelled pointing. "Yuko? Right? She crossed the line before you. That's the rule, first one to cross the finish line wins. I know my racers, they don't cheat." Hummy said as he nudged him back. "You girl are dead." Yuko growled before he turned heading back to his car mumbling something to himself as he got into his car he took one last glance at Mishani who narrowed her eyes at him.

As he sped off Hummy quickly guided the small girl to Fury. The others too getting into their cars. "Kid go home, call me when you get there. No stops, no nothing. Jon make she gets where she needs to be. Yuko will be looking for you." Hummy informed opening the door for her as she got in.

Mishani was so confused what had she done wrong. Hummy placed the wad of money in her hand a her reward for winning. "Drive safe." He said squeezing her shoulder before he headed to his own car. Mishani sped out the lit, Jon right behind her. Her mind was now all over the place and she didn't notice the red light ahead. Jon beeped his horn bringing her attention to the light. Quickly she stopped and shook her head. "I need some sleep." She mumbled.

It was around two in the morning. She should of never took on this race.