These two Though

(Grammar Nazi komt achter me aan hier)

At the busstop, two boys can be heard talking about haircuts. Loren and Noor walk up to them and join the conversation.
"I kind of want to cut my hair." Rick says, twirling strands of his hair and looking up as if he can see what is happening on his head.
"But your hair looks fine like that!" Noor says kindly.
"Besides, longer hair on guys is in nowadays. Especially guys with wavy or curly hair rock the longer messier look." Loren says, hinting he should keep it the way it is.
"Maybe a bit shorter on the sides then." Rick says. Loren rolls her eyes. That's what they always say.
"Then you'll turn into Chavez 2.0!" Noor says in disagreement. Chavez looks at her, looking offended.
"Yeah that's fine. But longer on top would look good. If you were to shorten it up too much it will throw your head off balance and your head will look twice as big." Loren says and Rick shrugs. They all look to the left as they hear the bus approaching them.
"Have a good day guys!" Noor says. Loren gives Noor a quick hug and enters the bus.

Loren decides to stand, as she isn't sure if she should sit with her two classmates. Then she hears Chavez making sounds signaling her to come over. "Go ahead!"
The whole back of the bus is vacant, so all three of them decide to just sit somewhere, just close enough they can communicate. Loren can't help but ask the two about their bond. "Do you guys already know each other, or?" Loren asks. "Yes, we've known each other for 8 years." Chavez answers, clenching his teeth, making it obvious he is lying.
"Yeah we sit together on the bus every time so we get enough time to bond." Chavez says, honestly this time.

The two boys end up playing a game with each other in the bus. They grab their public transport cards and show them to the other, combined with a phrase. "FBI!" One of them says. They do this for a solid 3 minutes until Rick can't come up with a phrase. He sits there, his card in front of his face, struggling to come up with something.

"You look so different there with your hair short!" Loren points out, looking at the picture on his card. "What?" Rick asks and lowers his hand. Loren repeats what she said. "What?" Rick asks again. After repeating it a second time, Chavez jumps in.
"Dude, open your ears!" Chavez says, slightly irritated.
"Close your eyes." Rick says as a comeback. Chavez does as he says.

"T-that's my life without you." Rick says, his voice suddenly much softer. Chavez opens his eyes "Bro." he says. "Bro." Rick says.

At that time the bus was almost at the station. The bus comes to a halt and the boys stand up at the same exact time. Their hands grabbing the pole in the middle at the same time. Their hands now only a millimeter apart, they look each other in the eye. Then both turn their heads to Loren. "That was very awkward. Loren, we will never talk about this ever!" Chavez says and they let go of the pole. Loren smirks and stands up.