─ chapter fourteen

Mackenzie was just dancing around her room with headphones on

Mackenzie was just dancing around her room with headphones on. Her roommate Jordan was always in her lamp and never came out of it so Kenzie practically had a room to herself. She just danced around, a smile on her lips.

"KENZIE!" A hyper voice yelled as a door slammed open, making the redhead jump. Kenzie quickly removed her headphones and turned to see Ceci.

"Cecilia?" Kenzie rose an eyebrow. "Um, hi." She greeted.

"Come on!" Ceci said excitedly, extending her hand out to Kenzie.

"What?" Kenzie asked in confusion. "Where are we going?" She asked, placing her headphones on her bed.

"Just come on!" Ceci exclaimed.

"Okay, okay." Kenzie smiled slightly and took Ceci's hand. Ceci gripped her hand and pulled Kenzie to her room, speed walking all the way. She stopped the pair at the door.

"Is everything ready?" Ceci called.

"Yes, darling." Cyrus' voice called from the other side of the door. Kenzie furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, but didn't question anything. Ceci smiled widely and opened the door, revealing her and Rae's room, which now had a little round table in the middle. The table had a pale blue tablecloth thrown over it. There were four chairs around the table and each one had a teacup and saucer placed in front of it. In the centre of the table, there was a teapot with steam slowly coming out of the spout. Around the teapot were small plates filled with cookies, cupcakes and other treats.

Kenzie's eyes widened as she stared at the table.

"What... what is all of this?" She asked.

"It's a tea party," Ceci smiled. "We can't do them too often because it's a hassle to move everything around but we thought we'd welcome you with one. You like it?"

"Of course... I love it." Kenzie smiled. "Thank you so much. But you didn't have to do this for me." She added.

"Perhaps we didn't. But we wanted to." Ally spoke up with a small smile.

"What she said. Now sit." Ceci instructed, sitting next to Cyrus. He leaned down, pressing a kiss to Ceci's forehead. Kenzie sat in the final seat between Ally and Cyrus.

"You really didn't have to do this." Kenzie said. She'd never really experienced such kindness like this before.

"We wanted you to feel welcome." Ceci said, grabbing her teacup and pouring some tea in her cup.

"I do... thank you." Kenzie smiled.

"I know it's not easy coming into a place like this when you're used to solitude." Cyrus spoke up. "Well, not solitude for you. But I'm assuming the Isle isn't much better."

"Yeah... I was alone a lot of the time." Kenzie nodded.

"Oh how awful." Ally frowned.

"There was this girl who would come to my tea shop every once in a while. She was nice. The Captain of the pirates, surprisingly. She stopped them from bullying me." Kenzie explained.

"That's nice of her." Ceci smiled. "I heard there isn't much nice on the Isle, especially from the pirates. I met one and she was scary..."

"I'm so glad I haven't seen the Isle." Ally shuddered. She reached over and took the teapot, pouring tea into her cup. She then offered the teapot to Kenzie.

"Really? What did she look like?" Kenzie asked, taking the teapot from Ally with a thank you.

"Lots of hickies and blue hair." Ceci explained, grabbing a cookie.

"Believe it or not, we're talking about the same girl." Kenzie said, pouring tea into her cup and then holding it out to Cyrus, who took it from her with a thanks. "Apart from she had grey hair last time I saw her." Kenzie added as Cyrus poured tea into his cup.

"No way in Wonderland," Ceci gasped in disbelief.

"I'm pretty sure we are." Kenzie nodded, taking a sip of her tea as Cyrus placed the teapot back in the middle of the table. "Does the name Hadley ring a bell?" The redhead asked.

"Oh my Wonderland." Ceci gasped.

"Same person? I thought so." Kenzie nodded. "She's actually not as scary as she seems to be. There aren't many people like that on the Isle, but she was nice to me." The redhead shrugged, taking a sip of her tea.

"I didn't think there would be any nice people on the Isle." Ally said. "But then again, you, Greyson, Evie, Mal, Jay and..." She trailed off her face drooping. Kenzie furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

"And Carlos are nice." Ceci finished quickly, reaching over and handing Cyrus a cookie.

"Thank you, darling." Cyrus took the cookie and bit into it. Ally nodded quickly and gave Kenzie a small smile before it faded into a slight frown. Ally's gaze shifted to her teacup. Kenzie rose an eyebrow but nodded.

"That's because they've had Auradon's influence on them." Kenzie pointed out. "Hadley is only nice to the people she wants to be nice to. She's just... misunderstood." Kenzie shrugged.

"But that doesn't really make any sense for you." Cyrus pointed out.

"I'm... not from the Isle." Kenzie replied quietly.

"Huh?" Ceci asked in confusion.

"I'd better not get into that." Kenzie quickly replied in a mutter. "All you need to know is that I was born here in Auradon." She kind of explained, her teacup beginning to shake in her hands. Cyrus noticed this and nodded.

"Okay. We can drop it." Cyrus said quickly.

"I... okay." Ceci relented with a sigh and grabbed another cookie. Cyrus took a hand of Ceci's hand and squeezed it gently.

"Anyway..." Kenzie shook herself out of her daydream. "The tea is lovely." She smiled.

"Ally made it." Ceci replied. Kenzie turned to face Ally.

"You did?" Kenzie asked. Ally snapped out of her little daydream and nodded.

"Yes." She replied with a small smile.

"It's amazing. You would do great with running a tea shop." Kenzie said.

"Thank you." Ally nodded, taking a sip of her tea.

"So you had a tea shop on the Isle?" Cyrus asked.

"Yes." Kenzie nodded, turning to look at the boy. "I didn't have many customers but it was nice." She smiled.

"We'll have to try your tea at some point." Cyrus said.

"For next time?" Ceci asked, looking at the redhead.

"Yes." Kenzie nodded. "I'd be happy to make tea for you all." The redhead smiled, taking another sip of her tea.

"I'll hold you up to that," Ceci grinned as the group continued to talk and enjoy their tea party.

-