Unsent

Disclaimer: My first and last FumiLou fiction in respect with the real-life couple. I just need to let this one story out. Haha! If you lowkey and happily ships FumiLou, (friendship, romantic or just feeling giddy watching them together then, this fic is for you.)

***

To my Lou-veliest girl,

I had dream of this moment and had a thousand version of this scenario on my mind. It took you a long way, but here you are now.

I already know that you are very beautiful but today, as you walked down the aisle, it seems that the universe conspire to make everything else beside you pale and bland. Your beauty radiates as if the stars give way their lights for your special moment.

Our eyes met, and you gave me your childlike grin.

I can't help myself from chuckling. It's a very special day, but Lou Yanong did not forget to bring her dorky side.

The side of you that I loved the most.

Weddings are so weird. It was supposed a happy moment but strangely, I felt a lump on my throat. I just shake my head and laughed at my own weirdness. It seems that I could not tame my dorky side either.

The realness of the situation seems to sink on you, Lourdes Grace. Your beautiful eyes shone your unshed tears, and with your quivering lips, you mustered to give everyone your most beautiful smile.

Your smile reminded me of morning dews, the rainbow after the rain, the breeze on Christmas Eve and everything in between. Warmth.

Your smile even reminded me of the first day we met...

***

He sat with his headphones on in that busy cafeteria. Kahit na walang tugtog siyang pinakikinggan, he just kept those in his ears to avoid awkward conversations. It's not that he's a snob. Hindi lang talaga niya alam ang gagawin. Hindi pa siya fully adjusted sa bago niyang university, much more, sa bansang Pilipinas.

He's a full blooded Japanese, pero ng magkaroon siya ng pagkakataon na mamili kung saan siya mag-aaral sa kolehiyo, ang bansang ito ang napili niyang puntahan. Bukod sa mas mura dito kaysa sa ibang bansa, competitive din naman taraga ang mga university dito pagdating sa Asya.

Siyempre pa, hindi naman naging madali ang pagkumbinsi niya sa mga magulang na payagan siyang dito mag-aral. Kesyo bakit hindi nalang daw siya manatili sa Japan. O bakit hindi na lang sa ibang bansa. Medyo pangit kasi ang impression ng mga ito sa Pilipinas.

Pero buo na ang desisyon niyang bumukod. Simula ng tumuntong siya ng bente anyos, parang may bigla na lang na nagclick sa sistema niya at ninais niyang ganap na maging responsible para sa sarili.

At kung bakit Pilipinas kahit na wala pa naman siyang (o silang pamilya) na kakilala dito? He just found a video of the Philippines one time he was just casually scrolling in the net and he just become curious with the country.

And no, the video didn't showcase the natural wonders and beauty of the country which the foreigners are familiar in to. It shows the reality of Philippines, poverty, overpopulation and pollution. But what struck him the most were the people of whom in the midst of these problems, have smile on their faces.

How could be a set of people be that joyful? There must be something in the place. That's what he thought to himself that convicts himself to really push his decision to study in this place.

And a Japanese friend who had been to the country, Akioh-san, who had only good words for the country and its countrymen, had sealed his decision to study here.