Hanahaki

The girl heaved and coughed, pushing the petals out of her throat. The petals were that of a blue star flower, a flower that signifies affection, which is ironic seeing as that's what got her in this situation. The flowers entangled themselves with her lungs and heart, growing inside her like a parasite.

Her breathing was heavy as she looked at the mess she had made. Her bathroom floor, covered with blood and petals, even some whole flowers. She got to her feet, stumbling slightly, her head dizzy. She walked to her sink to clean her face.

Her eyes were accented by deep bags, she hadn't been able to sleep well lately, the pain being to much. Blood stains around her lips, her eyes were bloodshot and her hair a mess. She needed to clean up both messes before anyone stumbled across it or her. She grabbed a broom from down the hall and started sweeping, successfully piling the petals in one pile, but smearing the blood around.

She collected the petals in a garbage bag, and threw it in a garbage bin behind her house. She grabbed a cloth and began to wipe the blood of the floor. After the bathroom was clean she ran to her room and locked herself in.

She needed to distract herself, so she grabbed her phone and started to play some games she had on it. It was at that moment, she got a message. 'You're not at school, you doing ok?' It read. They were worried. She felt the flowers rising again, she was about to throw up once more. She typed a quick 'I'm fine' and tossed her phone across the room, it landing with a soft thud.

She pressed her knees into her chest in attempt to hold the petals down, but an entire flower managed to slip through. Tears weld up in her eyes, as she held her knees tighter. If she didn't get the surgery soon, she'd die. The surgery would heal her, but she wouldn't love again. She couldn't bear the thought of not loving them.

She sat in a fetus position, tears rolling down her red face. She could always confess, there might be a chance they felt the same, but they were in a happy relationship already, she couldn't ruin that. As long as they remained happy she'd be fine.

Or well, not fine at all actually.She'd be dead. The disease would end her life, and that's upset her family, her friends, herself. The surgery was the only answer. She heard the door break open and the familiar voices of her family. She'd go down and tell them about what she'd be hiding.

She ran down the stairs, her legs pained from her nails pinching into them. Her mother looked at her in shock, she must of had blood around her mouth from before. "Mom I-" she started, immediately cut of from and overflow of blood of petals. She fell to the ground, coughing once more, there was twice as much as this morning, it was getting worse. Her sister rushed to her side, helping her cough it up. It wasn't helping at all.