Prologue.

"Lizzy let's go now."

       My fathers voice sent a spark of excitement through me as he greeted the fellow elementary office workers.

       I quickly gathered all my color pencils and paper making my way towards my father who waited patiently for me. His dark brown eyes were tired but he still managed to look calm and happy to see me. It made me sad that I always saw him like this, Ever since he started making good work at his business he always came late home and we never got to see each other till the next morning where he would skip breakfast.

      My mother was always stressed about him and she was always stressed about work which was the post office not too far from our small Victorian home. We lived by Liverpool england further away a couple of miles in a small town named Valleys. It wasn't big like the city nor too small it was just right for our little family. I lived with my parents and my grandmother, She wasn't so heathy now these days but it isn't that bad well that's what the doctors told us.

       "Lizzy...Why did you call me out of work so early?" My fathers voice broke though my thoughts as he looked at me in the rearview mirror. I knew he wasn't mad at me, He understood that I wanted his attention even if I had to call in sick. Even though, I wasn't expecting him to come right away when he finally came it was already around 7:30. Mom was probably panicking since I skipped my bus just so my father could take me home.

      "But daddy! You said we'll all go out and have some fun at the fair! Like last year." I couldn't help the whine that came along my voice. It was just. . .hard. It was hard to get used to every morning without daddy waking me up with breakfast. It was hard to not get used to the fact everyday when he was home from work will play as a family, with mommy and granny. He was silent for half of the remainder of the car ride I could even see our house just a few miles away.

       I heard a deep sigh leave my fathers lips as he glance at me.

     "Listen Lizzy. I don't like working much either. I loved hanging out with you everyday so we could play. But daddy needs to make money, to get what you need and what grandma needs and your mother needs....I promise we'll all go out some time this weekend doesn't that sound exciting Lizzy?" I frowned a little before a small smile turn upward on the corners of my lips." Yes. . .yes it does. But you pinkie promise?" He smiled brightly before holding out his pinkie." I promi-" he couldn't finish that sentence when we heard a large 'boom',from the front of our car." Lord, I just fixed this old piece of junk yesterday." I heard my father mumble. I looked out the window again only meeting with darkness. We weren't that far from home, we we're on the narrow dirt field that lead to the small Victorian pale white house. I knew father was fixing the car yesterday and it was working perfectly fine. . .

        "Alright stay here Lizzy. I'm going to check what's wrong with the car." He gave me a small smile while I gave him a concern one." Don't worry Lizzy, everything is fine no need to be scared." I nodded slowly while he gave me another reassuring smile before exiting the car door leaving it open. I looked out the window again seeing nothing but darkness and the fields of green rows of bush's. I wasn't sure why I kept getting a bad feeling about this, how unexpectedly could the car stop working all the sudden? It didn't make sense. I took a deep breath deciding to just take a nap while father worked on the car. I took one more glance over to my father who took off his long brown jacket rolling up the sleeves of his white long work shirt his dark brown hair falling on his chocolate brown eyes.

Everything will be fine. . . .

Or so I thought. . . .

      "Ahhh!!" I jolted awake hearing a loud murderous scream. How long have I slept? I wasted no time as I quickly reached out unlocking my seatbelt and exiting the car slamming the door in the process. The scream sounded like an echo from here but I still heard it. The breeze of the summer air brush through my light brown hair as I slowly walked through the field shaking now and then just thinking of possibilities. Father wasn't at the hood of the car which scared me even more. What happens if the news forecast was right? Did those monsters, people thought were kidnappers exist?