Chapter 1

As the snow falls on my face all I can think about is how each tiny crystal of ice can be so different and yet look the same. I feel that is how all the packs in the north are, we look similar yet wars are being waged through out.

~~~

"Hey, Scarlet over here! You can't miss your own birthday party." Snapping out of my day dream I look over at my best friend Airamy and smile, "Are you kidding me I would never skip out on a chance to beat you in a snow ball fight." I say as I run over to him.

Airamy has been my best friend since my dad started letting me go to school 3 years ago. He never asked once why the Alpha never let his own daughter out of the house, Airamy just went with it.

"You know if you keep day dreaming like that I will start throwing things at you till you realize what's going on."

"No, that would be mean and plus you love giving me crap about it." I reply jokingly. I pick up a hand full of snow and throw it at him, not realizing I was standing in ice the movement nock me down. When he comes over to help me he just falls .Blushing I try to get off but it's to slick and I end up falling on him over and over.

"Will you stop trying get up and just roll off of me. I'm starting to think you like being on me." Airamy is joking, but he doesn't know that I have had a crush on him for awhile. Smiling I do what he says and roll off of him into the snow. We lay there for awhile getting buried by the falling snow.

Looking over at him I smile thinking of all the birthdays I have spent with him, but quickly saddening at the thought of a few years ago when my twin Suki had been killed by a rogue wolf on our birthday. Airamy had loved her as much as I did. When we found out that she had been murdered we had both broke down and cried at what seemed like days together.

"Hey stop looking at me like that you look like your looking at a ghost." He half smiles knowing what I'm thinking of.

"I really miss her...." I sigh and look back up at the sky "I know it's been 2 year but it still feels like I was braiding her hair and goofing around with her just yesterday."

"I know but all we can do is keep laughing and living like she would have wanted us to." He smiles and shoves me jokingly "Now it's your day so let's have some fun and celebrate you." He smiles

"Are you kids going to get up anytime soon? Scarlet you know you can't be out past dark with Airamy. Even if it's your birthday." My father says as he starts heading back towards our house. I roll over to solid snow and stand up slowly, cautious to not fall on my butt again.

"Are you always such a klutz? Wait, never mind don't answer that I know you are." He roles his eye and walks towards the pack house which is right next to mine.

The Alpha and his family gets their own house, thank god for that I don't think I could handle living with the entire pack even though they are all like my family. "I will see you tonight at the full moon party." I say looking down and frowning "You know I haven't connected to my wolf, I can't shift with the others"

"Well maybe tonight will be the night." He smiles and runs off, his caramel blonde hair waving in the wind. It was almost a perfect dramatic end to our day, but Airamy fell his shirt catching on a tree branch, ripping it off, revealing his toned stomach. I can't help but laugh at him, I wonder what he would do if I ran my hands down his- wait no mind don't go there. Blushing I walk towards him and give him my coat to put over his shoulder since it's way to small to fit him.

"Are you sure I'm the klutz here?" I giggle and leave him. It was beautiful in the woods today, I may not have heightened hearing but I can still here the animals playing in the snow. I stop and close my eyes to listen for a minute before the preparation for the full moon party starts.

I start to hear a couple of heavy foot steps behind me getting closer and faster. I try to turn around, but it's to late I'm being lifted off the ground and blind folded. Freaking out I thrash trying to get out of the persons hold. Before I know it everything goes black.