prologue

As Avalon stepped out of her car,the press immediately began throwing questions at her and also taking pictures.She smiled and took her time to get out of her car giving them ample time to take enough pictures.She was used to being harassed by the media and press so she made sure she always looked sassy.

Today she was putting on a black suit that showed her curves,a pair of black stilettos .She was also carrying a red purse which matched the color of her nail polish and lipstick.

After letting the press get enough pictures for their magazines,she walked into her building.At the age of 22 she was now the owner of Rivers international steel company.As she walked towards her office, every employee that passed by her greeted her with a smile which she returned.She strolled into her office and was about to sit down when her secretary,Mrs White  rushed in.

"Good morning madam"

"Good morning Sonia.How many times must I remind you to call me by my first name when we are not at formal occasions?"
Sonia is Avalon's 28yrs old assistant who is happily married with a 5yrs old son called Lauvet.

Sonia blushed."I keep forgetting.Anyways Avalon you have a meeting with the board in 10minutes time,lunch with  Mr Adam 2pm,and a business date with Mr Fay at 3pm.

"Ok thanks.you may now leave"Avalon said.
Gosh!I can't believe I am actually going to be in the same room with that sick bastard,Owen.
Owen Chris Adams is the kind of guy who is f**king handsome and uses it to his advantage.

He is well known here in New York as"the badboy billionaire."He doesn't have stable partners but rather one night stands.Although he is sinfully handsome,I can't help but dislike him because his a heartbreaker.

He has the kind of sweet sun kissed skin that you would like to lick chocolate on, jet-black hair,sea blue eyes,and lips that gets women carried away.In simple words his the real definition of a Greek god.
As for his smile I can't tell because I have never seen him smiling but his face always carries a regular smirk that makes him fit his badboy status.

I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard the door of my office opening.Sonia peeked in

"It's time for your meeting with the board"she said and then closed the door n left.i can't believe I actually wasted 10minutes of my precious time thinking of a person I dislike that much.
I took the file I needed and hurried to the board room.Note that I hate keeping people waiting.I arrived the board room and sat on my seat.
"let's begin"

"So miss Rivers what do you propose concerning the merger?"one of the board members asked.

"Actually if it was up to me I would prefer that we do not merger with them but since it's not a decision for me to take,I would prefer we vote on the matter."
After the voting was d,it was decided that the merger should proceed because only five of us objected to it and we couldn't backup our points well.

"Let's all remember that this is a business venture so our personal conflicts or relationships should not get involved in the business.This merger is for the growth and development of both companies so if we are to work together we must all get along and have a mutual understanding  since we have a mutual objective"Mr Rock said.
The rest of the board nodded in agreement.

So we shall be having the final agreement with them tomorrow and when the deal is done,we will be celebrating our merger at Chariot hotel"my dad said.

We all exchanged handshakes and I departed to my office, preparing for my next appointment.This will surely be one heck of a day.

Hello readers😉

Am sorry for the mix-up.i tried writing in the third person but since  i couldn't continue I decided to continue in the first person point of view.

I need a cover for this book.if ur interested in providing me with a cover,I would really love that the cover should have the picture of a girl.

Thanks🤗