n i n e

April 15th.
6:28 p.m.

[Third Person POV]

Luka was nervously shifting on his feet, ruffling his hair, fixing his sweater, placing his hands behind his back and then in front of him as his nerves frazzled and his foot tapped the ground in a nervous chatter. Matteo gently laid his hand on the blonde's lower back and slowly rubbed soothingly until Luka found his bearings. He shot a look of gratitude towards his mate, but it wasn't long for the anxiety hit him in waves.

"Hey, hey," Matteo cooed, pulling Luka into a hug and slowly rocking them side to side. "It's okay; they're my parents. They'll like you." he heard Luka let out a shuddering breath before replying.

"Are you sure?" Luka's voice cracked.

"Yes, I'm sure. Now, let's open the door. They're waiting for us." Matteo nuzzled into his neck before firmly holding his hand. They both faced the warm dark brown door with inlaid marbled glass and with a firm knock from Matteo, two warm and inviting faces opened the door.

"Hello, Luka. My name's Denis, and this is my husband and mate Bailey." a tall grizzly older man said and held out his hand. Luka blushed and shyly shook his hand.

"I'm Bailey." a smaller man said and smiled brightly at the boy. Luka nodded back and took his hand as well.

"Come on, boys. Why don't you tell us about yourselves?" Denis brought up, and Matteo chuckled while Luka's wide eyes looked embarrassed as he lightly knocked his head into his mate's shoulder.

"Is something wrong?" Matteo quietly whispered into his ear.

"No," Luka shook his head. "I just want to hug you later."

"Okay." Matteo smiled.

With a click, the door closed shut, but the sounds of cheer and laughter could still escape the house.