After The First Kiss

They kiss for what feels like forever, but not nearly long enough. Manon wants to kiss him more, doesn't want to ever let go of him even though her calves are burning from standing on her toes to reach him. She feels like she's on fire even though she's shivering from the cold.

When they break apart, he just looks at her for a while. Like he can't quite believe this is real. He asks her "do you want to go back to the party?"

Part of her wants to see this auction go down. It's a car crash scenario; she's horrified by it, but still can't look away. Part of her also wants to see whatever Charles did to stop himself getting auctioned off, but then she'd also have to witness Daphne's reaction to it.

God, she wishes she could just tell Daphne everything. But, as much as she loves Daphne, she doesn't want the others to look at her like she's suddenly stooped to Daphne's level in becoming infatuated with Charles.

Mostly, she just wants to leave, go anywhere with Charles. "We can, sure."

He tilts his head to the side slightly, and she knows he's seeing right through her. His hands hadn't moved from her waist, and he tightens them slightly. "I'd rather be with you."

She didn't think she could feel warmer than she did after that kiss, but his words make her feel like she's stepped foot on the sun suddenly. "Well, what do you want to do then?"

"We can go for a walk? We could get hot chocolate?"

"It's too cold to walk" she says. Impulsively, she adds "and you've got hot chocolate at home."

He smiles. "Yeah, I do."

They look at each other for a long moment, both waiting for the other to say it.

Eventually, he lets go of her waist and pulls his phone out of his pocket to call them a ride home to his place. With his free hand, he gently pulls her against him. She rests her head on his chest, closing her eyes for a second. His hand moves up and down her back slowly before smoothing down her hair.

He leans down, pressing a kiss to the top of her head as he puts his phone away. "The car will be here soon."

She nods, moving her arms around his waist under his jacket. He's so warm.

He chuckles softly, his fingers running through her hair. "You're tired. Are you staying at mine again?"

She likes the way he asks; how casual it sounds. Like that's their normal. She wants that to be their normal. She makes a sound of approval, not wanting to sound too eager.

"Can I actually make you breakfast this time?"

She smiles. She doesn't have to run out the door this time. She doesn't even have to put up a pillow wall. God, she's looking forward to holding him like she couldn't last time. "Bacon and eggs" she says, and looks up to see him smiling at her.

"Bacon and eggs" he confirms, leaning down to kiss her. She turns slightly, tightening her arms around him as she kisses him back. His hand that isn't wrapped around her moves up to cup her cheek, making her feel like she's completely surrounded by him.

He pulls away when they hear the car pull up, tucking a lock of her hair behind her ear.

It doesn't take long to drive to Charles' place and they're silent for the duration of the ride. He holds her hand in his, rubbing the back of hers with his thumb.

They walk up to his place and she leans against the wall as he unlocks the door. Walking inside, she smiles when she sees his guitar. "Are you going to finally sing me a song this time?"