uno.

Violet's POV

    Sirens. Screaming. Running. Run faster they're coming for you.

    Strange place. Where am I?

    My name? Can't think.

    Too loud for thoughts. Keep running they're after you.

    I hurt all those men, but they hurt me first. Dr. Fischer will be very upset with me. I have to keep running, no looking back. I hear the footsteps of heavily armed and booted men trailing behind me. I make a sharp right turn and dash as fast as I could down a long corridor leading to the main exit. The sound of the heavy boots grew increasingly louder compared to the soft slaps of my bare feet on the cold marble flooring of the laboratory.

    "Hey! Number 00216 this is an order, not a request! Return to your containment room immediately!" One of the guards yelled at me from down the hall.

    I turned my attention towards the slew of guards facing me, as one began to lift his gun up and cock it in my direction. I turned back to the door and put my hands on it and used my energy to phase myself out of the door. 

    I was now on the outside of the laboratory looking at the guards, they began firing at me, however, the door was bulletproof. The bullets ricocheted off the glass back into the men themselves.

    No looking back.

    Not sure where I'm going but it has to be far, far away. I began running as far as my legs could take me. Within fifteen minutes I got far enough I thought. I sat on a bench to catch my breath, then my heart stopped. I heard a familiar sound. A siren was coming steadily closer, a cop car.

    The police sure as hell would think something is up. I have a hospital gown on, barefoot in the rain on a random bench, I need to move fast.

    I bolted off the bench and made a sharp left turn around the corner. Immediately bumping into a somewhat hard surface. I fell onto the ground and looked up.

    It was a guy, he looked young, he had to be no older than twenty-five. He looked at me for a split second with fear in his eyes, then it suddenly shifted to worry.

    A random woman bumps into you wearing a hospital gown while she is barefoot. Blood dripping from the top of her head and a few other scratches here and there. Of course, he would be frightened!

    "Miss? Are you alright?" The stranger said bending down to help me to my feet. As I stood up I realized he was much taller than I was. He was also beautiful. Short chocolate brown hair pushed out of his face, green eyes I wouldn't mind looking at for hours and tattoos, from what I could see, all across his body.

    He waved his hand in front of my face, snapping me out of my thoughts. This man probably thinks that I'm a dunce. The sirens continued, my encounter with this man made me briefly forget I was a wanted woman.

    "I need your help, please." I held onto his biceps hoping he would say yes. "They're after me," I said in a much lower tone.  "We need to get out of here quickly." 

    I tried tugging on his arm but he didn't budge. With a look of confusion he stepped closer to me and whispered, "Miss, you may be seriously injured. Why don't we get you some help? I'd be happy to take you to the nearest hospital."

    "No!" I shouted not really meaning to, but I knew if he took me to get help they would find me quicker than I could even blink.

    Tears started forming in my eyes at the thought of being trapped and tested on for years on end once again.  I suddenly felt a sharp pain in my abdomen followed by a loud growl. I was starving, it was the reason I ran away.