when he met her|| chapter one

12 September 2014, 3:10pm

I was at the library again, browsing and strolling through the aisles, occasionally stopping to drag my finger across the spine of a book.

I loved the silence, the smell of old books and the literature that seemed to fill the shelves. Little bits and pieces of personalities, love, hatred, humor across the luscious and carefully crafted lacework of words litter the pristine clean pages of the endless rows and rows of books.

I sat down, cross legged and pulled out a random book, scanned through the blurb and opened it up to find treasures.

I let the story guide me mindlessly into a world of secrets, lies and action.

I still remember clearly, how I was a tad annoyed to be interrupted halfway throughout the story.

Little did I know, I would meet you.

You were tiptoeing, standing in front of me, trying to reach for a book high above the shelves behind me.

I looked up, after noticing your wrinkled cat stockings and lace up boots.

I sighed, pushing my spectacles up and unfolding my legs to stand.

"N-no no it's okay! Uhm I can reach it myself... "

I stretched myself to my full height and realize how I towered over your small frame, before reaching over and pulling out the book that you wanted.

I looked down at you, and you blushed, jet black eyes crinkling at the ends and thanking me with a dazzling smile.

"Thank you."

That was when your beauty hit me like a truck.

"N-no problem."

----------------------

12 September 2014, 3:10pm

The library was quiet, and I could almost hear the words being processed in everyone's heads.

I breathed in the smell of old paper.

Mom never liked the library.

I shook my head, twirling and skipping through the aisles, pausing occasionally to look at the books which caught my eye.

You sat, crossed-legged, lanky, spectacles sliding down your nose, in all your geeky glory.

You were so absorbed in your book, you didn't even notice me.

I shrugged.

I strolled through the aisle and was about to whiz past you when I saw a book that caught my eye. I tiptoed(hey, I'm short.) and stretched my arm as far as possible.

Nice try, good luck next time!

I grunted to myself in frustration and that was when you stood up, seeming to be this, this, gigantic tree blocking all light.

I protested but you ignored me.

You barely even put in effort and retrieved the book with those elegant and long fingers of yours.

I smiled, before thanking you.

"N-no problem."

----------------