Chapter 1: The horrid truth (Anna)

My name is Anna, I'm a 17 year old girl who is an orphan... My parents died in a car crash when I was 12, they were leaving for my aunts funeral. I had no one else to stay with, so I now live in different places, foster homes I think they are called. Anyway, I want to tell you my story.

I was 12 when it happened. My parents didn't let me go with them to my aunts funeral, who knows why. They said they would be gone for a week, but I didn't know what they would be gone forever. The day after my parents left, a police officer came to the house and told me that they died. I was devastated. The police found out that I had no other family to stay with so they brought me to an orphanage, after that I was sent to foster homes. I am a quiet girl who sits in the back of the class because I know that I won't be able to make new friends because I know that I will have to move after a few months, maybe even after a few weeks. Sometimes I am lucky enough to be in a foster home for at least a year or so.

Let's move to today. I'm now 17 and in my 10th foster home. My first day in my new school was a blur, but there was one guy who stood out, I hear he was the popular guy. Call it a hunch, but I thought he looked sad when he hung out with his friends. Today I was walking through the forest by "my" house, listening to music as always, wearing my fave hoodie, a pair of skinny jeans and my white sneakers, they where white before. I wasn't paying attention ahead of me, so I bumped into someone.

"I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to bump into you!" A pair of strong arms helps me up and I look at the person who I bumped into. He was muscular, slightly tanned, short brown hair and eyes as blue as the ocean, I felt that I could melt under his gaze. He wore a white t-shirt with a vest over it, dark blue jeans, sneakers and sunglasses on the top of his head. I didn't know I zoned out until the guy clapped in front of my face.

"I said, are you alright?" he said, looking at me worried.

I replied quickly "I'm fine. Sorry I zoned out." The boy just laughed.

"Dang he has a cute laugh," I thought but I quickly dismissed it.

The boy then looks at his watch "My parents are going to flip if I am home late! See you around? What is your name by the way?" The boy starts running.

"Yeah, and my name is Anna!" I called after him and he just waved. I think I have gotten my first crush! I walk home happily, but then I suddenly frown when I know what I will come home to. My foster parents never really liked me when I first step foot in their house, so they beat me, sorta, whenever they have the chance, I have bruises all over my arms. I sigh sadly and I walk slower to the hell hole I have to call home.