Ghosted

I saw him passed the street where I'm standing. He was so happy while holding her hand. I envy her so much because she can hold his hand. I wanted to yell at them. I wanted them to know that I'm still here. I remember him telling me that I will be the only woman that she will ever love. We already planed our future. We already decided the number of children that we will have, the design of our dream house, the year when we will get married and the motif of our wedding. He even let me design my wedding gown but everything went downhill because of a bastard. I still remember what happened on that fateful day. We have plans to meet and have dinner together but that dinner didn't happen. I arrived late because of some delays and he was not there. I waited for a long time but he didn't show up. I waited until the restaurant closes but no him showed up. I was so worried thinking that he might have an accident while he's on his way. I received no calls or text. I tried calling him but he didn't answer. I decided to go to his house but he's not there. I tried contacting his family but my calls won't connect. I went home and waited for his call all night but I received nothing. I was so worried. I'm worried that something might have happen to him. Days passed and I still don't know where he is. I received no calls, no texts and no messages about his whereabouts until one day. Five days after that, I saw him coming out of a flower shop. He's holding a bouquet of white roses with a sad expression on his face. I tried calling him but he ignored me as if he's not hearing my shouts and screams. I tried to grab him and confront him why he stood me up without any explanations but he's walking to fast. I was so mad and followed him. I was ready to grab his shoulder but he suddenly stops. I can see his shoulders shaking and I can hear him crying. He was crying so hard. His cries were full of pain and agony. Then I heard him shout my name and shouted why I left him between his cries. I was so confused. I was just here at his back. I didn't left him. He's the one who stood me up. I looked around on the place where he stops and I saw a lot of familiar faces. I saw my father hugging my mother who's crying hysterically. I can also see tears on my father's face. That's odd because this is the 1st time I saw my father cries. He's an ex-military general so he's always been a strong man. I saw all my friends and workmates but they're also crying. I then realized that I was in a chapel. My gazed then averted on the center of the chapel. There was a white coffin and my picture was on top of it. I felt like my whole world is crumbling apart as I walked near it. I felt like the sky fell on me when I saw the inside of the coffin. I felt the tears running down my face. It was me. I am the one lying inside that coffin. The memories of that fateful night came rushing to me. I remember rushing off work to go to our dinner date. I crossed the street hurriedly when the lights turned green and then I felt something pushed me off the road. I remember the pain I felt after the impact but I still struggled to get up because I know that my love is waiting for me. I remember that something hit me again and I blacked out. I then realized that I was hit by a car and I was thrown off the air. After my landing, I was hit by another car. I now realized why he was not there when I arrived at the restaurant; he probably received a call about my accident. I realized why I can't contact anyone and everyone is crying. I wanted to scream. I wanted them to know that I'm still here that they don't have to cry. I screamed and screamed until my throat felt like bleeding but no one heard me. I cannot accept that I'm already dead. I can't believe that my life already ends here. I have so many dreams, so many plans. I wanted to spend forever with him but everything is gone. Days passed. I saw him struggle to move forward. I stayed by his side everyday wishing that I can touch him. I wanted to caress him and tried to tell him that everything will be fine and I will wait for him but he didn't hear anything. I felt like dying again seeing how miserable he was until five years later, he met her. I can feel that he felt alive again after meeting her. He told me about her. He went to my grave and told me how she made him feel human again. I don't want him to let go but I also want him to be happy so I gave him my blessing. I stopped seeing him. I wanted to move forward but I already lose my chance of crossing over. I wandered and wandered until I saw him passed the street where I'm standing.