Kiss Me

What was worse, pneumonia or having to stop kissing Edoardo?

Eleonora really couldn't decide.

Her hands were tangled into his hair, holding him against her. Not that it was without his consent, given his hands on her waist were doing the same thing.

She couldn't believe she was kissing Edoardo.

Just minutes ago she'd be telling him she didn't like him, not even a little. She'd been telling him that for almost a year.

God, she was full of shit.

How could she not like him?

He was stupidly charming, and he always seemed to care about her. Part of her had forgotten what it felt like to be truly cared for.

Not that she thought her friends and her brother didn't care about her, but she'd always felt like it was better to keep certain things to herself. With Edoardo, she felt like he really wanted to know those things.

A surge of newfound passion prompted her to pull him even closer, throwing one arm around his shoulders.

He chuckled against her lips. "We should get out of the rain."

"Probably."

"Do you want to stay at mine again?"

Eleonora pulled away, trying to clear the kissing-induced haze in her brain so she could think about it properly. Edoardo leaned his forehead against hers, and she marvelled at how she once thought this boy anything more than a teddy bear.

She could stay at his house again. But that was probably going to give him the wrong idea.

"I should probably go home."

Edoardo sighed, and it was so cold she could feel the warmth of it against her lips. "Okay."

She chuckled at his tone, leaning up to kiss him again.

He pushed her rain-soaked hair out of her face, cupping her cheeks in his hands. He pulled back after a long moment, locking eyes with her.

"So not even a little bit, huh?"

Eleonora laughed, but she remembered the look on his face and her laughter died.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that."

Edoardo shrugged. "I probably shouldn't have made you say it."

He let his hands fall from her face to his sides. The rain had calmed to a steady drizzle now as opposed to a full-blown thunderstorm. They stood there for a second, just looking at each other.

She wanted to kiss him again.

He reached for her hand, linking their fingers together. "Come on, I'll walk you home."

She nodded, reaching her free hand over and sliding it up his arm. She rested her head against his shoulder as they walked, aware it was probably making their journey harder but not really caring. He didn't seem to mind either, leaning down to kiss the top of her head every once in a while.

They reached her building far too soon, Edoardo pulling her gently into his arms as they stood outside.

He leant down, burying his face in her hair. She could feel his breath against her neck, and she felt warm despite the cold rain still falling softly around them.

"I don't want to say good bye."

She blushed at his words, tightening her arms slightly around his waist. She pulled away from him so she could look him in the eyes, smiling softly.