transparent prologue.

Two more pints and he passed out.

He felt extreme back pain, cephalalgia creeping up his head, and currently experienced a deep hallucination inside his sleep.

"You got tuberculosis."

In his haunted dream, he could hear what the doctor just said. Hurtful enough to make him shocked.

The poor man asked why in disbelief.

"I'm really sorry for you, son. It's a hell of a thing."

The second encounter, he was forced to rob that last train with his adoptive father and apparently, a gang member who backstabbed everyone for his own profit.

And all he could remember was this thing called loyalty. The rest of his life was spent on maintaining the gang member's financial status. Stealthy lies and robberies— they both were familiar to him. But he did not want it. He was a good man and would always be.

"Wha, what in... what? Please, end this... somebody..." The blonde man begged as he could feel his nightmare would become reality.

At that moment when he cried for help, an old man— might be in his golden age, wearing a full black suit verged upon him. He wondered why he was crying while being hangover at the same time.

"Pardon, Mister? Can I lend you a hand?"

At an expected response, he obviously did not answer the old man's question. More like, he was presumably unconscious as if he was about to go to Heaven.

"Good grief, if you are homeless, at least don't sleep here."

While he cleared his throat, the elderly man picked up this poor, crying man at all his might, then proceeded to bring him inside his office, just nearby the retro bar they had stayed for hours.

"Young lad, why are you so heavy?" Struggled, he threw the foreigner onto the sofa. Not in any doubt, he even provided a pillow and thick blanket to make him feel comfy.

The last thing he would not even forget, he began to work on his computer, typing all the data he recently collected for his own project.

Then he huffed. "Guess I have no choice but to wait for you to wake up, huh."

×××

When the young, blonde-haired man woke up, he heard a sound of chirping birds and slowly was able to see the panoramic view outside the window. He also could see the person who had helped him recover from his nightmare. Much to his incredulity, he curved his eyebrows and raised a question towards him.

"Are you the one who brought me here?"
"Pretty much, yes. Then, who is it if he isn't me?"
"Who are you?"

The helpful old man answered, "CEO Takagi Junjirou of 765 Production."