Next Time Just Say Hi

"--i'm on the battle field like oh my god. knocking soldiers down like houses of cards." ~one woman army; porcelain black

-;

One of the perks of literally being the spawn of satan? Heightened senses. And having heightened senses meant you knew when something or someone was on your roof. Jillian Wood had been sitting on her bed, doing homework after another long, boring day of senior year of high school. But when the brunette heard a shuffle from outside her window, she tensed.

Pulling open her drawer, she pulled the dagger out. Yes, she kept a dagger in her bed side table. Your foster family almost being murderered makes you take precautions like that. Swallowing, she crawled off of her bed, taking small quiet steps towards the open window. The thin, white drapes billowed out as a gust of wind shivered into the room. Moving like lightening, she reached out of the window, grabbing someone's collar and pulling them into the room and through the window. Pinning them to the ground. Jill proceeded by pressing the cold dagger to their neck.

Her hazel eyes almost looked like daggers themselves now, "What the hell are you doing on my roof?" She demanded, unwavered by the fact that the intruder was a boy who couldn't be much older than her.

He was cute, if Jill was being honest. He had dark brown hair that was a bit spiked up, angled cheek bones, and almost amber coloured eyes. But that was obviously not what was on her mind at the moment.

The boy looked a little shocked; probably because he hadn't expected to be caught. Actually, it more likely had to do something with the fact that she was holding a dagger to his neck. But he didn't seem scared, which surprised Jill. It was a moment before he spoke. Seemingly have composed himself, he said bluntly, "Watching you."

"Watching me? Don't you think that's a tiny bit illegal and creepy?" Jill asked, giving him a look.

"I guess but I have a good reason and if you would kindly get off of me and take the dagger off of my neck, I'll tell you that reason."

Something about the way he spoke made her want to trust him, so she did. Cautiously taking the dagger off of his neck and getting up, she watched him carefully, "Alright...tell me your name first." Jill demanded.

Standing up, he dusted himself off, giving Jill an almost thankful look, he replied, "Jamie," he said, "My name's Jamie Milton. Your name?"

"Jill Wood," she said, replying with her lips pursed slightly as she studied him. Jamie didn't look like a threat...at least not one she had encountered before, "Alright Jamie, so, now you can get on to explaining what you were doing outside on my roof."

Jamie nodded slowly, "Okay..." He seemed to think for a moment before continuing, "If this question seems completely insane, then don't answer it, but if it makes sense, please answer it. What exactly are you?"

Jill was taken aback by his question. She did know what he was talking about, exactly what he was talking about for that matter. But she wanted to make sure he wasn't just some teenager enjoying playing a prank, "Well, what are you?" She asked in retaliation.

"Don't try to do that, Jill," Jamie appeared to be almost irritated by the way she wasn't answering his question, "I know what you can do. I've seen you in school; you aren't exactly subtle. Your eyes-"

Sighing, she cut him off, "Turn bright blue, I know." Rolling her eyes, Jill shrugged, "Yeah, so? How does that apply to you exactly?" She wasn't too worried about Jamie going to tell someone that. If he did, they'd just think he was crazy.

"I just want to know what you are."

"Then tell me what you are."

"No, not until you tell me who you are."

"Do you want me to hold a knife to your neck again?"

At this point, Jamie seemed to decide that he wasn't going to win this, "Will you tell me if I tell you first?"

"Yup!" Jill smiled with a mixture of happiness and sarcasm.

"I'm a hunter," Jamie told her bluntly and calmly, "I hunt supernatural creatures who are putting people in danger."

At this, Jilled raised an eyebrow, "Oh...so would I be one of those who are putting people in danger?"

Jamie shook his head, "No, well, not that I can see. So, what are you?"

"A shapeshifter."