Chapter

It was late when Karasuno finished practice. In the gym there were only the coaches, cleaning up and getting ready to leave. As they were working, Takeda brought up the topic of the trip to Tokyo.
"I intended to borrow one of the school's buses for the trip" he began, "but it overlaps with the plans of quite a few other clubs, and seems like we won't be able to do it." The man looked worried, and he continued to talk. "It looks like we'll have to pay more than we first thought, so I'm not sure about what to do..."
"Hmm..." Ukai thought for a little and said:
"Me neither. Guess I'll try asking around some more. We just keep getting one problem after another dropped in our laps."
"Sorry" Takeda looked sad "I'll try whatever I can think of too."
"It's not your fault" Ukai said, patting the other on his back. "We'll think about something together. These boys deserve the best, don't they?"
"Mn. If it comes down to it, we've got some savings in the bank."
"Nope, nuh, not happening. Leave the marriage funds right where they are!" Ukai yelled. "And stop making that hand sign!"
"Oh, okay. I was only thinking about the worst case scenario. Sorry."
"The worst case scenario would be borrowing a car for someone and driving it myself!" the blonde said, half-joking. "Are you finished?"
"Yes. Let me take my bag and I'll come. Go ahead, I'll catch up."
"You sure, sensei?"
"Yeah, no problem. I can run very fast, you know?"
"Sure, sure. As you say. Don't forget to lock the door!"
Ukai went first, walking with small steps. 'I think I know someone that would be able to help us... I'll call him now to see if he's free'. But, when the coach took his phone from the pocket, he heard steps behind him and before he knew it, someone jumped on him.
"Ow! Sensei!"
"Ehehe!" Takeda was breathing fast, his face red. "I caught you, Ukai-kun."
He smiled widely while he tried to catch his breath.
"Yes, you did. Shall we go?"
"Um." The teacher replied, joining hands with the other.

As they walked, they talked about all kind of things, changing the topic a few times.
"When should we hold it?" Ukai asked.
"I don't know, really... Probably after the boys finish their matches. Let's hope they make it to the finals."
"Yeah... But if we don't find a solution to the problem at hand there is no reason to think about other things, right?"
"It's really frustrating. Is there really no one that would be willing to help us?"
"I texted a friend earlier" the blonde said, opening his phone "but he said he is free until the day we leave."
"Damn it... Do we really need to make you drive?"
"My driving is not that bad, sensei!"
"I'm sorry, but the experience I had that time says the opposite."
"We were in a hurry!"
The two forgot about the problems they had and started discussing about the way Ukai drove. Arriving at the shop, they had to part.
"Night shift?" the teacher asked.
"Yep. It sucks but what can I do? Family business."
"It's okay. At least there are not that many customers at this hour. Less people to deal with, right?"
"In that way, yes. Well, I gotta go. See you tomorrow!" Ukai leaned and kissed the shorter man, doing it like it was natural.
Takeda kissed him back, and said in a happy voice:
"Yeah, see you tomorrow!"

After a few days, Takeda called Ukai.
"Hey! What's wrong?"
"I found someone!"
"Huh?"
"Someone who'll take us to Tokyo!"
"Really? Are you free now?"
"Yes, I just finished work."
"That's good. Can you come at the shop?"
"Sure, I'll be there shortly."
As he said, it only took 15 minutes for the teacher to get to the store. His glasses were close to falling and his hair was a mess.
"Why did you run?" Ukai asked.
"I was so happy, I wanted to talk to you!"
The coach blushed, totally surprised by the answer.
"Anyway, tell me the details. I guess it is not free, right?"
"Yes. But the price is really low. It was hard to find something like this. I guess luck is on our side!"
They established the time and the place they were going to leave from, both happy to solve a problem that gave them so much trouble.
"How are the boys doing with thier studies?" Ukai asked when they finished planning.
"Pretty good. The third years didn't have any difficulties in the first place. Tanaka and Nishinoya are improving, but..."
"But what?"
"Hinata and Kageyama...Well, their grades increased but...How do I put this? It's not enough."
"They will do something about it. I'm sure." the coach was full of hope.
"Yes.... I want to think like that too. But it is posible for them to fail. I think we have to think about that too."
"I'd rather not. We just finished planning ahead the trip. Let's just trust them this time."
"Okay..."
"I know you are worried but you stressed too much these days. I don't want you to do it anymore. Just take a short break, okay? Everything will be fine." Ukai hugged the other, ruffling his hair with one hand.
"Mn..." Takeda melted in the embrace, putting his arms around the taller man.
They stood like that for a time, enjoying the other's warmth, without caring about anything else. Suddenly, someone coughed.
"Ahem. Being lovey-dovey with each other again? Can you do it somewhere else?"
The two were embarrassed, not able to answer . After a time, Ukai said:
"Hi, mom." It was one the most awkward moments of his life and he could only say a thing like that!
"Keishin, your shift ended. Take your boyfriend and continue what were you doing somewhere else."
"Yeah, sure. Thanks!"
He grabbed Takeda's hand and exited the store. After walking some time, the teacher said:
"Well, that was awkward."
"Yes, it really was."
And both of them started laughing out loud. And they laughed, they laughed for a while, until they remained breathless.
"What should we do now? The boys have practice in the evening."
"Well, I have some tests to grade... How about we go at a coffee shop? I'll finish my work there."
"Sounds good. Should I take my car?"
"No, no, it's not needed. Walking is good for the health."
"I was just joking." Ukai said. "I realised that you wouldn't want to. Let's go."