•prolougue•

~graduation~

"Let's hear it from our valedictorian, ********" says Mr.Skank. It's finally the day. They're all sitting on the same row, mostly teary eyed. As the valedictorian says their final words, they each get called up to receive their diplomas.
"Emily Thomas, Araya Apuan, Trinity Mansfield, Cori Hamilton, Ethan Maxwell, Trenton Forbs, Ashton Damon." Mr. Skank calls out. Sadly, Ezekiel did not get enough credits to graduate. Cyrus was in the audience, since he had graduated already.
The band plays along with the choir singing. Once, they were all a part of it. They have their whole futures in front of them. None of them knew what was coming, but it couldn't be too bad, right? They promised to all keep in touch in college, but adulthood doesn't always make plans easy.

~17 years later~

"I'm home!" Trinity yells. They're is no response. Though, about a minute later a prancing sound comes down the stairs to greet her. It's Cotton. Her sweet kitty.
"Hi baby," she says. She walks to the kitchen to put away groceries. She pulls out a 6 pack of sprite. Her legs feel funny. She's reminded of something, but she's not sure what it is. It was a completely different feeling from deja vu. This was different. She paces around her room trying to remember. Suddenly, something hits her.
She pulls out a box from the top of her closet, full of pictures, necklaces, and anything emotionally important. And there it is. A picture. It's Araya I'm Emily's shoulders. She's in the back laughing at them while Ethan's slipping on a wet patch of grass. Cori and Cyrus were sitting back chatting by a wall.
"Holy shit!" She yells. She races to her phone to find out how to reach them once again. She looks for a name on Facebook until she finally finds it.

Emily Thomas
200 miles away
married
digital artist for ******

Trinity quickly typed up a message. The reply was quick, but not choppy.
"OMG. I miss you so much! We've got to hang out again sometime! There's so much to catch up on :)"