You're hard to hug | Chp. 1

My name is (Y/n) (M/n) (L/n) and I'm apparently both a pet and test subject for a giant robot. Now, now, I didn't volunteer to be here, no matter how much it may appeal to some fragged up people. But before I was chased for half an hour around town and thrown into a lab, I lived an okay life.

I moved to Jasper, Nevada around August since my uncle was supposed to look after me for a couple of months. It was hard to adjust at first since my previous home was in Maine and the temperatures were way colder than Jasper. Plus being the new kid in high school is never fun. I managed though.

It was hard the first few weeks. It seemed like I was the only one walking down the halls with no one to talk to. I was sort of a shy type when it came to new people, so I would have to drunk or something in order for me to talk to new people willingly. How could anyone just walk up to a complete stranger and just start to talk? I knew I couldn't, that's for damn sure. So, I kept my mouth shut and continued to be the ghost of the school.

But much to my luck, by September I had made a few friends. I met Miko Nakadai when I kinda crashed into her in the halls and from there she kinda started to invite me over to hang. She was even generous enough to show me to her other friends. Jack Darby and Raf Esquivel. Who are now my beat friends along with Miko. They were an odd bunch, always talking to their vehicles (Even though I'm sure they were too young to drive) and sometimes skipping school without warning. But they're my odd bunch.

Well they were.

Now after the little incident in that parking lot, I now sit daily on a desk, letting cold talons pet me like a dog. It was miserable, I honestly felt like a slave. But as I grew to earn my captor's trust, things got better.

"(Y/n)-"

Ah, and the master finally comes to collect his slave.

"-it's time for your rations." My captor's flat and emotionless voice was carried to my ear by the draft that arrived with his sudden appearance. I rolled my eyes and groaned, "Alright, Shockwave. Hold down your hand so I can get on." I replied, addressing the single optic-ed 'con with a huff.

Shockwave, decepticon scientist, shared SIC. My caretaker.

Shockwave starred down at me, not really reacting to my harshness instead he followed my demand. Now with his non cannon servo held out, I gladly hopped on. I really didn't like being alone.

He curled his digits so that he wouldn't risk me falling off and him losing a pet. "I take that you recharged well." He stated blandly. I snorted, "Well I did, but I can only assume that you've neglected my wishes for you to rest." I grumbled. As time had grown on, I've come to be friends with the mad scientist. So it often concerns me when he doesn't sleep well.

"Shockwave, it would really help me and your works if you'd just sleep for awhile." I complained finally shifting my head to look at the single optic-ed mech. Shockwave looked down back at me, "It would illogical for me to cease my works. Lord Megatron would not be pleased if one of my assignments was incomplete or late." He replied, gently sliding me into his desk.

I huffed, clearly defeated in the argument. Everyone feared Megatron, and I mean everyone. I'd met the ruthless gladiator countless of times and like Shockwave, we'd became friends. But his infamous tempers were quite a scare so no one dares to upset him in anyway.

I trotted over to the corner of the desk. There were some of my books and sketch pads piled neatly there on top of fuzzy (F/c) carpet with other human items around. Shockwave had given me this space to myself out of his buried kindness and his will go me to be silence while he worked. "It still would be nice if you'd sleep every once in a while..." I muttered.

He pulled out a container filled with bright blue liquid and placed it on the desk, and he hummed at my statement. "I shall be sure to take that into consideration while I am away." He said. I almost dropped the book I had in hand at his words.

"You're leaving? W-why?" I asked, suddenly alarmed. Shockwave focused his red optic on me, "Now, (Y/n), I am aware of your fears of being left alone. That is why I have assigned someone to watch you while I am away."

"A babysitter!?"

I blurted out in astonishment. I didn't know what was worse, being alone or being a grown-up with a babysitter. I'd honestly take my chance with being alone. Shockwave wouldn't though.

Tools clattered around, "Yes, they be what you organics call a babysitter." A bit of what sounded like a sneer slipped through his usual flat tone. I pouted, "Ugh! Who is it then? Soundwave? I really wouldn't mind Soundwave. Is it Starscream? Oh please don't let it be Starscream. Is it-"

"Hush and I shall tell you their designation."

And hush I did. Satisfied with my silence, he placed down the drill he had in his servo and starred at the ceiling as if thinking. I quirked an eyebrow, still waiting quietly. "Your babysitter is-"

"-Knockout."