I

Christopher
"Chris, come downstairs please" I heard my dad call me from the living room. I threw my phone on my bed and walked downstairs in my basketball shorts and Nike slippers.

"wassup dad" I said casually throwing my body onto the couch with one leg up. I knew my dad must of had sum important to say because he was sitting in his special chair and drinking a glass of henny.

"Son lets talk business" he said moving his glass of henny in a circular motion. Ahh shit. "Son your nearly 18 years old now and I'm not going to be around forever to lead this gang" he said getting out of his seat and slowly pacing back and forth. "So I'm going to give you the chance to prove to me that you deserve to be the leader of the gang one I die" he said placing his glass of henny on the table.

"dad I don-" I said before he interrupted.

"Chris I know your ready" he said looking at me with a serious look.

Years ago before my dad joined the gang, my Uncle (dads brother) Rodney had a small group of friends he used to fuck with in high school. Just like any group of young niggas, they started smoking weed, stealing and all that shiit. Then one day Uncle Rod fooled around with his best friend, Percy's girl (who was also in the gang). The best friend turned the whole gang against Uncle Rod and 5 years after he thought that he was finished with that gang shit his best friend popped up one day when Uncle Rodney was in the hospital from just have a seizure and pulled the plug on him without anyone noticing. Doctors, family members, everyone was confused on how he died...until they saw cctv footage. My father asked not to press chargers because he wanted to handle it in his own way. From that day he promised himself that he wasn't gonna let Percy and his crew fuck up his family again. He got his own gang members and they've been fighting back and fourth since.

I joined the gang when I was 16 years old. Only because one day they came down to my school and beat the shit outta me. Got me bruised up and bleeding and shit. They told me to tell my dad to stop tryna fuck with them. That's why my dad took me out of school.

Joining is one thing but leading the fucking gang is mad.

"dad...ion know, what about the other gang members" I asked hoping that he would change his mind.

"Boy, those boys couldn't help a duckling find its mom let alone lead a gang" my dad said laughing a little bit. He wasn't lying. The members in the gang are all around their 20s and they heads really ain't straight for grown ass men.

"Truee, a'ight gimme time to think about it" I said walking back up the stairs to my bedroom.

I was chilling on my phone and thinking about shit.

"Chwisss" Mia shouted as she walked into my bedroom. I picked her up so she could straddle me.

"wassup baby girl" i said tickling her a little.

"hehe, it's my birthday in two days" she said clapping her hands.

"it is?! Are you sure?" I said playing with her.

"yessss" she said gently slapping my face. Bruh for a small ass 2 year old shes hella feisty.

"I'll leave your gift in front of your door on the day baby girl" I said kissing her forehead. "You wanna going shopping mall?" I asked because I ain't got nothing better to do.

"mmm okiee" she said hopping of me.

"Aight, go put some shoes on and meet me downstairs.

Mia is my 2 year old niece. My brother LyTrell got sum shawtty named Rene pregnant a while back. My dad was angry and putting stress on him and shit so he ran away from home...left his girl and the baby. Then Rene couldn't cope and begged my dad to take her and she ran away. So we've been raising her since. Ion know how my life is gonna turn out in the future but what I do know is that if I get any shawtty pregnant, her and that baby gon be mine till death and I ain't going no where unless it's with them.

I rolled over to the draw on the side of my bed and opened it to get sum money out. As I picked up the money rolled in the elastic band, I noticed a picture of my mom sitting in my draw bringing back the night of her death...

*Flashback*

"Get off me" I shouted and I tried to escape the large mans grip.

"Don't worry Chris...I'll be fine" my mom said as the other men kept her down on the floor punching her.

"Leave her alone" I kept screaming but wasn't being listened to.

"Shut the fuck up" the man holding me back shouted.

"No, get your big ass off me and leave my mom alone" I said watching them attack her even more. Each blow made tears roll down my face. She was bleeding uncontrollably.

"Finish her off before the police get here" the man holding me back said to the the men attacking my mom.

I kept shouting for my dad hoping that he could hear us. The man attacking my mom got up and pulled up his shirt a bit. He had a gun tucked in his trousers.

"if you don't shut up, your next" he said pointing the gun to me and then back to my mom.

Before the tear reached my cheek they shot her...twice.

"ayy Percy, we gotta run" the man said running like they didn't do shit.

She's dead...

*Flashback End*

I slammed the draw door shut and got up and ran downstairs and back into the living room.

"Dad" I shouted to find him sitting in the same spot in the living room.

"yes son"

"I'll do it"

*************

If your feeling this book please comment and vote so I can write more chapters.