Chapter One

Dear Diary,
One of the last days of junior year. I'm not struggling with school considering I have only two classes to keep my 4.0 up. I'm in mostly easy music classes. Well, as easy as time consuming band gets. From all the traveling and stress and relationships within the band, it's hard to find who you are. I've lost and gain friends since now but I'd rather not discuss that.
  Instead, let's discuss some of my friends. One of my closest friends, Anne, is outgoing and funny. She is in our band as well and we always gossip about the drama. We would help each other through relationship issues and family problems. We were super close. Then, she got a boyfriend. I was patient with her trying to figure out how to balance time for us. Eventually it all worked out.
  Oh but when I met the one I loved so much, let's just say B.C. I couldn't have been happier. I was willing to try new and exciting things. It was long distance. Me being about an hour or so away. But god it was wonderful.
Things got rocky between Anne and B.C. Anne pushed me to go hang out with this creepy guy Cade, who made both my boyfriend and I uncomfortable. When I told him all this, he told Anne she was a bad friend for putting me in an awkward situation. She flipped and cussed him out, all during a band class of course. She talked my ear off the whole way to my next class about how wrong he is for me and how horrible my boyfriend is. I didn't know what to say. I couldn't defend either of them without one getting mad at me.
  I got more and more stressed out. So during the class period I was texting my boyfriend the whole time. I was correct, he was upset I didn't defend him when we both know he's right about this.
  Anne made the choice easier; she dumped me and said, 'I hope he makes you happy and he's everything you want.'

Well, he sure is everything I want.

C.B.