Ch. 1 The letter

Y/n was celebrating her eleventh birthday by herself since her parents died when she was a baby. She was singing happy birthday to herself sadly. "Happy birthday to me...........happy birthday to me...........happy birthday to Y/n.............happy birthday to me." She sang sadly. She only wished for a place where she would be loved and wouldn't be alone. Maybe even some friends.      Y/n started to think about what it would be like to have friends and even her very own family. She thought it would be the most wonderful thing in the whole wide world. She was suddenly snapped out of her thoughts by a rapid tapping on the world. She got up and opened the window to see a grey owl. The owl started happily hooting at her. She then noticed a piece of parchment tied to its leg. "Is that for me?" She asked curiously. She got a happy hoot in return. She then untied the parchment from its leg. "Thank you. Her have a biscuit." She reached over to the plate on her dresser and grabbed a biscuit and gave it to the owl. The owl took the biscuit happily before flying away. She closed the window before reading what the parchment said. What she read surprised her. She was going to go to a school for wizards because she had magic. But something was suspicious. How did these people know her name? "It's better than going to my current school where I'm bullied." She said to herself. Guess I'm going shopping tomorrow for school supplies.