Prologue

Y/N POV

My Father was a Hero, My hero. A member of the Vale Police Force. Defeating criminals with the use of a Baseball bat. I respected him beyond belief, wanting to be just like him. I always so absorbed into books as a young boy. I mastered the arts of Science, Math, and History. Everywhere I went, I read and read, always searching for an ounce of knowledge and something new I could absorb. Though, My father always told me that I could learn by just being outside and the world is more than just in the books. Perhaps, He was right.

One day, My Father was murdered mysteriously one day unknowingly, Just out of the blue they all say. That's one thing I couldn't have believed. Some say it was because of a car crash, others say was some criminal on the streets waving around a weapon as if it were a simple toy to test on others. 

To be fair, I wouldn't have figured it out if I hadn't stuck around by his grave.

~Flashback~

Y/N POV:

I heard a group of men in which I recognized were the partners of my father from the police force. I did not want to be seen as I hid behind the closest tree think enough to hide my small infrastructure. I made sure not to make a sound as I suspected something from them that I had wanted to hear. I may be right or I may be completely wrong.

???1: "Well, Mr. L/N it was nice knowing as our fellow leader. It's such a tragedy that you had to "mysteriously" die on this tragic day." He says with some sadness.

???2: "What a shame, Indeed." The Female Voice adds adding some sadness, but not exactly sounding genuine. 

???3: "You know they are all gone right? Quit acting like a bunch of sad saps. Let's be grateful that our plan worked and this shank managed to fall beneath out feet." He laughs while kicking dirt into my father's grave.

???1: "Though, I do feel a bit regretful. I didn't think it had to be this way. Having to kill this shameful excuse of a man." He says calmly.

???2: "At least, We may be moving up in the ranks! Better ranks equals more money!" She adds with excitement. 

???3: "Indeed you are right, my friend." He adds.

Afterwards, they walk away leaving me in my pained thoughts.  

~In the room of Y/N~

I had my father's bat layed beside me as I thought of what has happened. This was my first time learning of corrupt this current world could be. How justice is somewhat of a lie. How my father was betrayed by the system. No matter, I'll find a way to get redemption, I won't become  a brute simply by pursuing revenge on those individuals. Brute force will only get you so far, but knowledge may help you utilize those skills. Knowledge is what will truly matter in changing this world. 

 ~Y/N Age 15 

I trained and studied to enter the huntsman program, to enter into beacon. Where all the young teenagers shall study to defeat monsters and a dangerous threat forced upon us. 

Getting into Beacon shall be my first goal.