Chapter one

There's only a few days until me and Ava are finally going to California. I have been many times but I've never gotten to go with Ava on a big vacation like this. We have had this trip planned for months now.

Ava has been my best friend ever since we were little. We grew up in houses right next to each other. We have been inseparable ever since we were little.

We decided to move to Dallas right after high school so we could pursue our modeling careers. We have a nice condo downtown that we share. We had a couple of different agencies talk to us about modeling and we thought about it a lot and decided it was a good idea. We both planned on going to college but modeling has always been something we've both been interested in.

Ava and I have been so busy here lately with a bunch of different photo shoots so it's going to be nice to leave for a little bit and get a break.

I have so many things I need to do before we leave on Thursday. We are staying in Cali for over a week so I have a lot to prepare. The weather is supposed to be a little chilly since it's still February so I have to pack lots of warm clothes.

I am finally about to head home from being out shopping all day in hopes to find some cute outfits for our trip. Ava had a meeting so she couldn't go with me but she should be back at the condo by now.

Once I got to our building, I went upstairs and unlocked the door to the condo. Before I even opened the door I could hear Ava screaming the lyrics to our favorite artist, Shawn Mendes. We were both obsessed with him. I mean how could you not be?

Right after I came in, I ran over to Ava and started singing along with her. We were singing the lyrics to "Treat you better" as loud as we could. I always get so happy when I listen to Shawn's music.

After the song was over me and Ava started talking about what we were going to do on our trip.

"I think we should take a tour of some of the big movie and tv show sets." Ava said as we walked to the kitchen to get a snack.

"That would be really awesome! Maybe we can see the set of Ellen's talk show." I said.

"Omg I love her!! She's so inspiring!"

"She really is!" I said. "Let's look online and see what other events are going on in L.A. while we're there."

"Ohhh good idea!" She said.

"OMG AVA!!"

"What?"

"The Grammy Awards are this weekend!" I said with all the excitement I had in me.

"YOU HAVE TO BE FUCKING KIDDING ME!" Ava said shocked but stoked at the same time.

"I'm not!! So you know what that means?"

"What?"

"All of our favorite singers are going to be there, including Shawn Mendes!!!"

"I didn't even think of that! What if we got to meet him? What if we got to meet our hero?"

"I honestly think I would pass out."

"Ugh I can't wait to go now!" She said.

"Me neither. It's going to be the best trip ever."

Hey guys! Thank you for reading my new story. I am new to this so please bare with me and I try to get the hang of it! I hope all of you reading this love Shawn Mendes as much as me and I hope you're enjoying the story so far! I plan to write a few chapters a week but I may not be able to update every week. I hope you understand! And not all the chapters will be super long so please don't be upset with me if I write a shorter chapter every now and then.