The chase

Peter's P.O.V

It's been a year since I lost her. Though I don't like to admit her face haunts my dreams every night. I shouldn't be sad still. I should have let go of her by now. I've got plenty to distract me, a beautiful girl and the duties of Spider-Man. So why can't I forget about Gwen Stacy.

Mary Janes hand snapped me back to reality, "here's your tea,peter". I smiled and turned towards the T.V. Where I expected some report to be bashing me again, but what I saw was something completely different. There was a piete women with black hair and deep brown eyes. "Well she's new" I thought. "We would like to warn you about a very dangerous vigilante, victims are left scared and mostly burned. They described it as a women in a dark purple cape. No one saw her face but said she could do magic....dark magic. We advise you stay inside until further notice. This is Camille daneughen saying thank you and good night". I stood up and grabbed my suit. I threw it on and looked at the clock 7 P.M., why does everything happen at night? I started for the door when a hand whipped me around "where are you going tiger?" She questioned. "Sorry MJ but duty calls" I replied. I watched her grab her jacket and scarf. "Alright, let's go" "and where are you going?!" "Uhh to save your butt... Duh" she said smirking. Me and Mary Jane had been going out for two months and I really liked her but she wasn't like gwen. Where gwen was smart and sarcastic, Mary Jane was witty and arrogant. Like gwen was kind and hopeful, MJ was nice and a fighter, I loved these things but sometimes she was downright rude.

"MJ" I started "you know how I feel about you coming on my missions" I explained to her on our way down the stairs. "Annnnnddddd you know how I feel about not coming on them!" She countered back."MJ I said your not coming that's the end of it!" I was getting ready to scale a wall when she shot back, "I don't get what the big deal is, what are you afraid of Parker!" "You know what Mary Jane" "Just because your last girlfriend got herself thrown off a tower dosen't mean I'm going too!!!" I jumped down and pulled off my face mask and looked at her. "What?!" "You heard me" she snapped face red in anger. Before I could replay a fire ball wizzed between us. I heard the familiar, maniacal laughter of the goblin. There was just one problem last time I checked harry didn't throw fire balls. I turned around to see harry and a girl in a purple cloak. The vigilante.

I ran towards harry. "MJ run!" I said not bothering to see if she did. I ran towards the goblin webbing him and the mystery villain to the wall I punched him twice when he smiled "Looks like I've stayed too long" green smoke appeared and he was gone. I heard a yelp and turned to see tree branches squeezing the air out of Mary Jane like a anaconda would. The hooded figure laughed before running away I cut the branches as fast as I could. "Stay Here!" I commanded. I swung away after the purple cloaked villain. I soon saw her watching a couple and creating a fire ball. I jumped and collided with her body. We rolled into an ally where I finally pinned her to the ground. "Who are you!" I screamed. "Answer!!" I screamed a little louder. Nothing. "Fine. Be that way!" I ripped her hood off.

As soon as I saw her face I stumbled backwards. My heart stopped. I analyzed every inch of her face to make sure I wasn't dreaming. I stuttered and started wide eyed eyed before finally saying......

"Gwen?!"

All rights go to marvel and the amazing Spider-Man