Invidia

The first half of the year is in full swing for Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Students are pouring into the dining hall, talking about how excited they are for the upcoming quidditch match, their anxiety for the latest potions test, and the crazy amounts of drama that Camila Cabello is getting herself into.

The Gryffindor table specifically is rambling on and on about the Seeker and how McGonagall is going to mount her ass on a wall after she catches wind of Camila's prank on an unsuspecting Slytherin. While her housemates whisper and nudge each other about what's going to happen to her when the headmistress finds out, Camila is too busy focusing on other things to pay the gossip any mind.

Camila's attention is trained on her girlfriend who is at the table to the left of her, the Ravenclaw table. Her silver and blue tie is hanging loosely around her neck and she doesn't even have her robe on, exposing the perfectly starched, white blouse she wore. Camila can't help but drool at Lauren as she tousles her hair and helps the first year beside her with his homework.

Lauren is gorgeous, probably the most gorgeous girl at Hogwarts. With her long, raven tresses, porcelain skin, and the galaxies in her eyes. Camila often times thinks that Lauren has to be at least part Veela due to all of her inhuman beauty.

But, she knows that to be false because she is one of the most known pureblood witches in Hogwarts–the opposite to Camila who is half muggle and half witch. While the difference in blood purity doesn't bother the two, or most of the students at Hogwarts, it does bother a certain Ravenclaw–Keana. Keana is a sixth year student, just like Lauren and Camila, and like Camila, had the privilege to call Lauren hers. However, after their fifth year, Lauren and Keana were no more.

Seeing Lauren with another girl is one thing, but seeing her with Camila–who she believes to be a filthy mudblood–is another. It makes her blood boil when she sees the two of them so much as hold hands. Lauren deserves so much better than some mudblood troublemaker. She deserves Keana.

And God forbid if she sees them kiss. Her ex-girlfriend tainting her lips and letting the annoying Gryffindor touch her gets to Keana more than she can explain. It should be her touching Lauren like that, hands intertwined and lips on her neck. Camila most definitely hasn't done anything to deserve Lauren's affection, so why does she have it while Keana is left alone?

Keana regrets breaking up with Lauren every day of her life. She misses kissing her in the mornings, falling apart at her touch, cuddling in the common room, all of it. She misses it every day and she dreams about the past, it's the only time that Lauren is still hers. Every day, she wishes that she could be Lauren's again, to be able to go around and kiss her whenever she wants and to hold her hands walking down the halls. When she tries to remember the reason why they broke up, it seems insignificant, surely not good enough reason to break the best relationship Keana's had. And now it's biting her in the ass because Lauren has moved on to someone who she hates and now she has to watch them flaunt their relationship.

Keana has, time and time again, become a surveyor to Lauren and Camila's relationship. Whether it be intentional or not, she's seen them cuddle in the Ravenclaw dorm and kiss in their beds and hold hands down to the Great Hall.

The worst thing though, isn't that Lauren is with someone else, no, it's that Lauren is with Camila Cabello of all people. Camila is the bane of Keana's existence. With her annoyingly crooked smile and wide, brown eyes, and that fucking smirk she always has on her lips. It makes her furious.

It's like she knows that she's one of the most troublesome people in Hogwarts and it bothers Keana to no end–that this mudblood just thinks she can just cause trouble and get away with it. It's a mystery to her why Lauren is with Camila because Lauren loves rules, people who follow rules, and people who make them. But Camila, she lives without authority, without laws and no abandon.