one

Wednesday, April 17, 2019
9:41 PM

Look at me. Pretending to be asleep. I can't take it anymore. I sit up, reach under my bed, and pull out my beloved ukulele.

The old soprano ukulele. I've had this four-stringed treasure since I was two. Never really showed interest until I was 11.
Goddamn, I think to myself. I've had this thing for all my life, and I just picked it up two years ago?
Broke it a couple times. It looks like Frankenstein's monster with all the dry glue. I bet it can't last another month without breaking.

I slowly, silently pick it up. I pluck each string to make sure it's in tune. Once I know it is, I decide to play a couple songs to ease me to sleep.
Granted, it's spring break, and I'm home alone tomorrow morning, but I honestly just play my ukulele to think about my boyfriend (aka, the best thing that has ever happened to me since day one).

That curly haired bean is mine, and I'm proud to say it. We've been on a couple dates now, and he's the absolute best. I'm not gonna get too far into him right now (god dammit that sounds so wrong 🤣).

After playing a song or two, I silently put my ukulele back under my bed. Probably not the best place to put it, considering that I've stepped and jumped on it before, but I don't wanna be loud and move shit in my closet to put it on the highest shelf, which I already need a loud ass step stool to reach.

Still not feeling tired, I curl up under my blanket with my bear and llama.

13 years old and I still sleep with stuffed animals, I think. I mean, what can I say? My Floof baby gave me the cutest bear.
I smile at that fact and cuddle up with it. I've never felt so attached to a stuffed bear before, but here I am, falling asleep on it.

Wednesday, April 17, 2019
9:55 PM
Goodbye, world