Chapter One: The Bus

Jack

When people looked at Jack on the tours and around the vlogs, he was considered the quieter member in the band but the boys and the roadies loved him for that. He could spend days on end being off social media and not talking to the boys but they knew that he loved them, and would be with the boys in an instant when he was needed. Realistically, the boys knew that Jack suffered from his own problems as well as some social anxieties on a daily basis, and eventually after these weeks of silence he would talk to them and let it all out, because he knew that bottling it all up was a bad idea. Jack looked up to the older boys a lot, it wasn't seen on the vlogs but since joining the band and getting to the present day of 'RoadTrip 2.0' he had changed himself for the better and constantly used Andy and Rye specifically for advice.

With the tour in full-swing and the appearances and the shows on a daily basis, it was bound for Jack's anxiety and insomnia to set in; he may be known to sleep anywhere but usually that's because he has spells of not sleeping at all, mainly when he gets to bed at the new house and in the tour bus. So, on one particularly busy Tuesday morning, Jack was found to be wide awake on the sofa of their new tour bus scrolling through endless timelines of edits on his Instagram feed. At that moment (5am), Andy strolled into the front of the tour bus looking for the youngest boy. The whole band, Alex and Robbie had spent the evening watching films in the section at the back and slowly one after the other falling asleep, so Andy was rather confused to wake up with the others all around him apart from their youngest.

Andy

From the moment he saw the boy stretched across the sofas, he knew that it was a quiet day for Jack, the sweater paws created by his oversized hoodie (which Andy reckoned was actually Rye's, but he wouldn't put it past him) gave the boy a more innocent look and accentuated the emotions pouring off him. In the winter morning, the dark light just about uncovered Jack's face and Andy could see the dark bags growing under his eyes. Worried, Andy walked up calmly to the boy and placed a gentle hand on his shoulder - startling him from his phone a little, but looking up at the older boy expectedly.

"Morning Jacky, any sleep last night?" Andy said, knowing the answer really.

Jack just sat up slightly and curled into the older boy, nuzzling his head to his chest and confirming the older boys suspicion.

"We have a three and a half hour drive this morning until we get to the next venue... You can sleep then I guess? The other boys should be awake before we start moving at 8am" Andy whispered down to the boy, slowly stroking his hand across his arm and in his hair.

Jack

Jack was not a touchy-feely person but in one of his softer and quieter moods he would do anything to be close to one of the boys, being able to feel loved or comforted. In response to Andy's comment, Jack pulled Andy down so he was laying on the sofa with him and laid across him, cuddling very close with his eyes closed and stayed there for the rest of the time; slipping in and out of a light sleep, being comforted by Andy's consistent movements as well as the noises from the passing traffic that was on the road next to the car park they were at for the night.

Andy

At half seven, Jack had actually fallen asleep and Andy had slowly felt his body relax and get heavier into him and he couldn't have been happier, seeing his eyelashes caress the dark bags under his eyes. Andy continued to run his fingers through Jack's hair for the next half an hour to make sure he was completely asleep - giving him enough time to go into a deep sleep before the other boys woke up and went around the tour bus causing havoc. He sat with Jack for half an hour before the bus started to move and the boys had joined them in being awake. The peace was quickly disturbed and noise could be heard from the back of the bus; Rye, Mikey and Brook could be heard shouting at a game of Fifa they started up with Robbie watching them (mainly making sure they were being civil and not killing one another).