Prolouge

THIS STORY IS KINDA DEAD. I don't think I'm gonna continue it. SORRY!

The two scientists walked into the desperate, dusty place. They needed a test subject, and a young one at that. No parents would risk giving up their children, so they went to the last resort- a orphanage that was closing down. Hordes of lonely children attacked them, hoping not to be taken to the new foster home all the way in Arizona.

They chose a six year old girl who didn't rush to them- instead she was staring blankly at a book. This orphanage in Etna, California never had enough donations or volunteers to teach the kids there to read or write. Also, only the older children had names, for the owner of the orphange had given up on caring for them a few years back due to money loss.

The two men took the little girl to the lab, and named her Kyna- which means intelligent in Gaelic. She learned quickly, and accepted every expiriment they gave her.

Ten years later, Kyna's step fathers had almost acheived what they adopted her for in the first place. After several tests and operations, Kyna had an I.Q. of 9,998. They were aiming for ten thousand, and were about to do that very expriment when their old and trusted janitor died. They held a funeral, invited everyone that the old man knew, and set up adverts for a new janitor.

The only one who took the job was a seventeen year old boy who was one of the few people who didn't think the scientists' lab was haunted. His parents had urged him to get a job, and the boy figured that the highest paying job would make his parents happiest. His name was Robert Michingann.