Dance of Love

(A/N Btw, this is what Darwin looks like.

) 

     Darwin sighed as he looked out the window of his bedroom. A small clump of storm clouds faded into view and rain began to fall from the sky. Darwin pulled the hood of his orange sweater over his head and sobbed into his arms.

 Darwin pulled the hood of his orange sweater over his head and sobbed into his arms

*song starts* 

     After a few seconds he looked up, his green eyes stained with tears. Ever since he found out that Gumball and Penny were dating, he'd felt happy for them. They were meant for each other. But up until recently, he'd been experiencing a feeling he couldn't shake off. His stomach would flip-flop every time he saw the couple holding hands in the cafeteria or kissing by the lockers.    
Was it....jealousy??

"N-no!" Thought Darwin crossly. "I-it can't be!" Darwin tried to push his thoughts and worries away in the back of his mind, but they kept coming back. That was when the doubts came...

"What will the future hold for me?"

"Will I find love someday?"

"Or will I be alone....forever???"

*song at 0:15*

Darwin held out his hand and the cold rainwater ran through his fingers as he sang softly.

I've been sitting here in the darkness
I carry it on while I wait for something new
I've been longing for a belief in
Something that gives me the courage to see through 

    He got up and wiped the tears from his face. Then a thought escaped from his mind. He walked over to the bathroom and looked at his reflection in the mirror, his hand pressed against the glass. 

The fear that is trying
To keep realigning. 
I can't go on forever this way, 
Running and hiding!

I was afraid of the unknown. 
I'd resist to let go my control and what I expected. 
I spent so much time wondering why love didn't go as I planned
But it was....already written.

    Darwin smiled and pulled back the hood of his sweater. What would his brother tell him to do?  Simple: be himself. That's all he ever did. And that was all he ever needed to do. 

I've been focusing on the distance
Between where I am and where I long to find my truth
I've forgotten what it feels like to be in love at first sight
Everything just fades to blue. 

   Darwin's mind flashed back to the times when  he was uncertain about his chances at love. And being bullied for it as well. "That's in the past dude. This is now." He though with a look of confidence on his face. 

And all I hear is talk. 
That's all I've ever got. 
And I'm not waiting anymore! 
You can't stop the heart! 

I was afraid of the unknown. 
I'd resist to let go my control and what I expected. 
I spent so much time wondering why love didn't go as I planned ,
But it was....already written.

    Darwin walked back to his room to see the sun breaking through the storm clouds. The sight reminded him that there was hope. Hope for a brighter future. He closed his eyes and imagined what his future girlfriend would be like. 

Hey my love I don't remember you, 
But I feel like I already know you. 
And I, I'd love to dance with you all night. 
Hey my love I like the sound of your name, 
And I feel like our souls are the same,
And I, I'd love to dance with you all night.

     Darwin heard a rustle behind him and turned around. His younger sister, Anais, was retrieving her Daisy the Donkey Doll from the top bunk of the bunk bed. "Hey, what's got you down?" Darwin sighed and turned around. "I dunno..gravity?" He replied sarcastically. The two siblings looked at each other and burst out laughing. Darwin couldn't hold it in anymore and fell to the floor, letting out a huge belly laugh. 

"Wow! Great dad joke..." Anais replied. She inhaled deeply to regain her breath and spoke normally. "But seriously though, what's up?" Darwin got up and sat on the bed, letting out everything he'd been thinking.

"...so now, I dunno why, but I'm starting to feel a little...jealous for them! I mean, what's going on with me?! I should be happy for them!" Tears filled the dark-skinned boy's eyes. "And now, all these thought's are coming into my mind that I can't control-why am I still single? I-is it like, my looks? Is something wrong with me?! What if--WHAT IF-?"

     "Whoa, hey! Calm down." Anais ordered whilst holding her brothers hand. "I understand you're scared, but nothing is wrong with you at all. You'll find love someday, I'm sure of it. I once heard a quote that said 'Being single doesn't mean you're weak. It means you're strong enough to wait for what you deserve.' Also, being single is WAY better." 

"Where did you get that from?"

"The internet." 

"Anais, not everything on the internet is true." 

"Oh, really? Where'd you get that info from?"

"Uh...the internet."

     Anais laughed as Darwin's cheeks turned bright pink. "But, anyway," Anais continued. "you got this. I'm sure you'll find someone to love someday!"  Darwin smiled and hugged his little sister. 

     Anais then walked to the door, but paused and turned to Darwin. "By the way, dinners about to start. So you might wanna come downstairs now." Darwin laughed and followed her with a smile of reassurance on his face. 

THE END  

(A/N) Don't forget to read part two-that's when he falls in love with Carrie!