I: Daybreak returns from the darkness

Daybreak Town. The world that was home of all Keyblade wielders. Now covered in a thick black sheet of darkness. It had been like this since the First and Second Keyblade War. Which was many years ago. The world remained the same stuck in time by the darkness that had ingulfed it. Something shot through the darkness. It was keyblade. The keyblade was old and rusted as it now sat wedged in the pebbled ground of Daybreak's road. The keyblades from the graveyard—that came from this place—cut through the darkness and crashed into the pavement of Daybreak's roads and sidewalks. The wholes the keyblades left in the sheet of darkness allowed small beams of light to follow the keyblades. From those small beams of light came balls of light. One by one, the small balls of light touched a keyblade. Then suddenly the keyblade and the ball began to glow. The light coming from the ground wiped away the darkness and now stood the people that called this world home. They all were confused and felt like they had been sleeping for a very long time. But everyone soon disregarding it and went about their normal day like nothing happened. Everyone was oblivious to the events beforehand. Everyone but one. Not far from the newly returned town of Daybreak, on a small bluff stood a man in a black coat. He had a keyblade in his hand. It had the face of goat just before the guard.

"Even after all these years, she did it." Said the man.

He gave a laugh looking at the sky. He smiled feeling the light touch his face.

"We owe you Sora. So much. And don't worry I'll do what you asked of me."

The man walked away from the bluff. He walked through the town. No one seemed to noticed him. Which was a good thing. He didn't want to be noticed by anyone just yet. He arrived at the fountain square seeing a group of kids standing there. He also noticed five people with Chirihtys sitting on the roofs above. He watched the kids broke off into smaller groups. The five people jumped down and called each group to follow them. Once the groups had vanished out of his sight, he opened a portal and entered the Castle of Daybreak. He walked through the halls looking for a particular room. He stopped before a door with a crown and a heart. He smiled and opened the door. It was like time had stood still. The room he entered was one had hadn't seen in years. He looked all the room contents going down memory lane. Drawings, toys, books, even the way the bed was left made him smile.

"Never could get yourself to member to make your bed." The man laughed.

He didn't touch the bed and left the room. Now on to the room he was really looking for. He walked over to the tower of the castle and stopped at a door. It was his master's office and the meeting from of the Foretellers. The Master was still gone, but the man knew that the Foretellers who were like his family were still in there. He could hear them talking.

"Please could we all just stop and think for a moment?" Snapped a woman.

The man opened the door shutting everyone up.

"Luxu!?" Cried the girl with the fox mask.

"Hey Ava." Luxu smiled removing his hood.

"You look different." Said the Leopard mask wearer known as Gula.

Luxu smiled. He had been known as Xigbar and Braig for many years. But he wasn't about get into the story. At least not yet.

"Long story remind me to tell you later. But I'm still Luxu." Luxu said with a laugh. "Ira, Aced, Invi."

Ira smiled, "It's good to have you back Luxu."

"Good to be back."

"I imagine you have completed your roll." Aced began.

Luxu nodded but then sighed, "But now I have new a roll."

"A new roll?" Asked Invi.

"Yeah, keep you all from murdering one another in their sleep." Luxu joked getting small giggles and chuckles from the Foretellers.

"Good luck with that." Gula remarked smirking.

"I am sure you'll succeed." Ava smiled.

Luxu nodded and they returned to the other conversation Luxu had walked in on. Luxu pretty much zoned out thinking. How would she have kept them from doing something stupid? How would she keep them together? How would she keep the darkness from retaking Daybreak. What would Sora do? Luxu looked up at the ceiling with a small inaudible sigh.

"Don't be foolish, Ira." Snapped Aced snapping Luxu back to reality.

The arguing was getting out of hand. Luxu was having enough.

"ENOUGH!" Luxu shouted startling them.

Poor Gula and Ava—being the ones closest to Luxu—nearly jumped out of their seats. They both looked at him like he was going to murder them.

"Seriously! You guys sound like five-year-olds." Luxu said annoyed with their behavior.

The foretellers where silent. They didn't say anything. They all seemed to thinking the same thing. They had to stop this pointless arguing and work together. Luxu took over the conversation and helped them start thinking more on the same page. After the meeting was concluded, Luxu walked around the castle. He entered the library and walked straight to a corner. In that corner was a little study corner. He noticed that a book was resting on the desk. He sat in the little chair and read the title of the book. "Forbidden Magic". Luxu opened the book to the bookmarked page. The chapter read; "Final Heartbeat". Luxu read over the pages talking about the spell. He sighed reading it. Final Heartbeat was a spell that was powerful and was written to carry on the hopes, ideals, and dreams of the caster for a price. The caster must give up their lives. Such a powerful spell always had a price. Luxu sighed and closed the book rubbing his eye. He got up and walked to the bridge balcony by the clock. He looked down at the lively town smiling a little.

"Luxu," Ira walked over to him.

"Oh hey, Ira."

"Are you alright? You seem distracted." Ira noted.

"I'm just thinking."

"About what?"

"Oh, lots of things; Daybreak. You guys. Other worlds. The light." Luxu listed.

"I see. You are not alone in those thoughts. There are many things we are responsible for. My only hope is that we are able to protect them." Ira said.

Luxu smiled, "I know we will. Like Sora always said, "Nothing is impossible if we work together"."

Ira smiled nodding, "Right."

But then Ira starting thinking deeply.

"Speaking of Sora, I haven't seen her since the day before yesterday." Said Ira worried.

"Nothing bad happened the day before yesterday did it?" Luxu inquired.

"No, but she was being distant form us as of late. She started spending longer periods of time on expeditions. Then the day before yesterday; nothing. You didn't run into her at all did you?"

"Nope."

"I'll give it another day before bringing it to the other's attention." Ira said leaving.

Luxu sighed and looked up at the sky.

"Were did you go Sora?" Luxu asked.

Something was telling him that she was far from dead. Their bond didn't snap. So, she had to be alive right? Or was their bond that strong that they couldn't feel her death when it happened? Luxu sighed.