12. «υrαвe rιĸα»

¤ Gumi - Ten-Faced ¤
Urabe Rika

» "I will love only one person inside you" «

♪:;;;:♪:;;;:♪:;;;:♪:;;;:♪:;;;:♪:;;;:♪:;;;:♪:;;;:

She had no idea what had happened, but something clearly changed. The moment she fell in love with Ichinose something inside her awakened.

To tell the truth, Urabe Rika wasn't a shy type of girl, but upon meeting Ichinose Kazuya she left like she had met her match. The only problem was that Ichinose did not seem to have any interest in her; instead he always hanged out with that childhood sweetheart of his.

Trying to suppress her feelings of jealousy, Rika decided to shut off her feelings towards the brunette. Against all her expectations, the plan backfired and her emotions started to take turns to work.

The third thing she realized was that there seemed to be memories she didn't want to accept. Like the day, when she accidentally spotted Ichinose and Aki on a date in amusement park. Oh, how much she hated to see him with another girl.

Four. Before she knew it, she started to consider those unpleasant memories as other personalities. That way she didn't have to remember all the horrible things happening to her.

The fifth cause, of course those things eventually turned into someone else's problems. An unwanted memory belonged to the other personality so they better deal with it also.

Six. That's what she tried to tell herself. That's how Rika tried to protect herself. It was reasonable, right?

They also didn't share memories with each other. That was the seventh thing she came to realize. This again, was all for self-protection. She did it, because she had to.

Eight. At some point, she realized that they didn't even know about the existence of another. They were all on their own and ignored the fact that there could be someone else inhabiting in that body. How cruel of them!

With all these happenings as the time passed, she realized there were nine. Nine different personalities? Things were surely getting out of hands.

In the end, the ten different personalities of hers were sharing the same body.

And the worst part was...

That all ten of her personalities had fallen in love with Ichinose Kazuya. Seriously, instead of only Aki she had to fight for Ichinose with all her other selves. Things had really gotten out of control and Ichinose said it too.

She wasn't clear who of her personalities it was at time, but during her last visit at Ichinose's he had said to her. "I will love only one person inside you."

Rika could feel her heart racing after hearing those words. It made her think that there could actually be a chance for her to be with him. He had finally started to accept her for who she was. She no longer had to go up against Aki.

This is when Rika had decided to put an end to her misery.

On that day, she had promised to meet Ichinose to share a cup of coffee. Rika choose her outfit with care and made sure that her hair and make-up were top-notch. Looking at her reflection, the girl did the final adjustments and nodded approvingly.

Rika hurried to the meeting place, and soon noticed that Ichinose was already waiting for her. Staring at the boy, who had already arrived and was waiting for her, Rika fell in love with him once again. This was the very part she loved in him; he always made sure to arrive much earlier than the promised time. There was never a time when Rika had to wait for him.

Rika ran to Ichinose and greeted him happily. Ichinose gave her a smile as an answer, and complimented her outfit. A blush appeared on Rika's cheeks and she quickly grabbed hold of Ichinose's arm, while the boy led them to the café.

The couple chatted happily, enjoying their orders. Rika felt that the moment was perfect. She wanted it to last forever. Then again, she had something else planned after this. She had decided to confess her love to Ichinose.

Once they had finished, Rika suggested to go sight-seeing in the park next to the café. Ichinose agreed and the couple headed towards the park. They enjoyed the scenery and watched as birds swam in the river. Rika took a glance at Ichinose and nodded while pumping her fist.

This was it.

"Say, Ichinose..." The girl started to catch his attention.

"Yes?" The boy smiled at her kindly.

"I love you." Rika finally managed to confess after a short silence.

Ichinose's face froze for a moment. He then lowered his head while looking slightly grim. "You know, whenever me meet, it's as if you're a completely different person. My heart chokes every time it happens, but for some reason I was still drawn to you. But you know what?"

Rika's eyes widened in shock. What was this person talking about? She hadn't expected this to happen.

Ichinose continued, "I really need to tell you, since I've said it to the other you's as well. There's only one me, so I can only love one person, and I can choose only one personality."

Rika found herself laughing. Did she have a split personality?

At that moment, everything became clear to her. Every one of her sides realized the exactly reason why they had been born. It was all to obtain that one love; to get Ichinose. Now that she got it, everything had come to an end.

It was the last moment, so she wanted all of them to laugh for the final time. It was a goodbye, but it also was a welcome back. That moment something changed in her; the created personalities disappeared and what was left of her was her plain original self.

Rika smiled.

"Yes."

Urabe Rika opened her eyes the moment her alarm set off. She stood up to sit on her bed and scanned her surroundings. With a weak laugh, she buried her face into her arms. In the end, this was her fate.

It was all just a dream.

♪:;;;:♪:;;;:♪:;;;:♪:;;;:♪:;;;:♪:;;;:♪:;;;:♪:;;;:

» Come now, at this last moment let us all smile. «