Fvcking Romance

„Hi guys". Ah-Si smiled from one corner of his mouth to the other while typing the QQ message to his friends. "Let's meet us at the Camel Whiskey Bar, I have something to celebrate" followed by a bunch of happy smiling face emojies.

Later at the bar Meizuo's yaw dropped in bare astonishment: "I can't believe you!" He shouted out loud. "You proposed to her in a wanton resto? Just out of the blue? Without a ring or flowers or something?"

"You can call yourself lucky! Ah-Si." Ximen added showing desperation in his voice.
"Of course I can!" cheered the addressed one.

"Lucky", Ximen completed his words with increasing anger. "Because Shancai already has fallen for you, man. If you had to convince her, you would have definitely failed by this. With your method you can just go back to date girls which are only keen on your money. For them it's worthwile."
Ah-Si's face reddened and he stared in a foolish doggy way pretending not to know what he should do. Not just pretending, he indeed didn't understand what they were talking about.

Meizuo tried again to help: "Can't you remember our advices? Can you just follow your best friends' tips only once at least?" He slapped on his back. Ah-Si was about to spit some whiskey out of his mouth.

"It's called romance! You nerd!" Meizuo and Ximen eyerolled at each other. "But by the way what did Shancai say to your proposal? Did she agree?"

"Hmpf" came from Ah-Si watching his best buddies helplessly shaking their heads in unison.

"There is no need for her to answer, that goes without saying!" He insisted a little bit too arrogant. Silence which could be also interpreted as helpless perplexity on side of Meizuo and Ximen made his way at the bar table.

"This guy..." Ximen sighed finally. "Didn't we teach you in choosing a special place with a perfect view, a delicious dinner with a selection of exclusive wines? In silent romantic background music, maybe a close dance like a slow fox? In firing candles or fireplaces, warm colors, everything smooth? Making feel her like being a princess, becoming your (!) princess!?" He get all excited about it while speaking so his voice pitched high of anger at the end.

"If you lose Shancai you can still rely on money-grubbing monsters or even on Xaozi!" taunted Meizuo now.

"But..." Ah-Si started to defend himself. "Shancai is not the type of pink fluffy unicorns. She is immune against this kind of stuff. All the expensive gifts I gave her seem to be hidden in a treasury box. She doesn't wear them. She fears to get envied by others while showing them."

Ximen now clapped on Ah-Si's shoulder. "Listen carefully, if a girl says to you that she isn't the type of pink fluffy unicorns or even pretend of not wanting them, then they want them anyway of course!"
Ah-Si frowned his brows. "So.." he slowly started "... you mean..."

"Yes, that's exactly what I mean. You have still a chance to save the situation especially as she is a non materialistic girl. But this time you have to be extremely creative like writing a love letter, learning a Shakespeare sonnet by heart. Playing or singing for her"

Meizuo couldn't stop smirking any longer with the imagination behind his eyes of a singing and dancing Ah-Si. He'd rather wished to be witness of it.

"Whatever" Ximen continued quickly. "Just do something romantic created on your own so that she is able to give you the right answer!"

"Gaah ... this forking romance" Ah-Si made a frown again, swallowing the rest of his whiskey and ordering a next one.

Ximen's and Meizuo's words did work on him the whole night. Thinking of what could be a way to receive his merited answer. Creative ... not so easy with his stubborn tiny girl. Drawing a Manga? No, the only drawing he was able to was to draw a pivot chart out of an Excel sheet.
Nor could he write love letters but he could write on post its! That's it! "She will soon have her exams and I prepare post-it with my love messages and hide them in her books so she will find them when she is studying for her exams!" He praised himself for this perfect idea.

The rest of the night he prepared a huge amount of tiny post-it strips with different messages on as "I love you", "say yes", "will you marry me" and a lot more of such romantic stuff. Thank god there were enough post-it left at his house as he prepared 520 of them that night!
Due to their habit to study together some days during the week he surely would be able to put them in her books and the rest he would simply hide at her flat.

Said and done.

Shortly after Shancai sent him a voice mail: "What have you done? I cannot concentrate no longer on my exams. Do you like me to redo the whole semester when I fail?" And then she added in an affectionate tone: "I'll meet you at the wanton resto next week after my last exam and I promise you will receive your answer".

She didn't mention that she has already let prepare several fortune cookies for him containing her answer in pieces he then would be requested to assemble in right order. The last cookie with "Yes of course" she kept separately. It should finish the sentence "I will marry you."

Ah-Si, however, inwardly jubilating took also preparations for this special day. He ordered 520 red roses to be sent to her house in the afternoon with aside on which he wanted to fix a delicate golden ring.

Author's note
As I learnt from MG2018 Community on Instagram numbers have meanings in China, 520 says I love you.
Glad to have the chance to collaborate on the prompt idea of @Dr-Cokebottles and @monicacantwrite as well as @JVH624, @Meggyhashope and @zazounette86, if I've forgotten someone please forgive me.

Forgive me as well possible inconsequences in my story - not to mention any other mistakes as I did it very quickly this time. But it makes so much fun. Thanks for reading.