I put a spell on you...

Stuffy air, fogged up the windows and clouded the classroom. Hand under jaw, trying to stop my head from hitting of the desk whenever I fell into the two-second sleep. People all around me suffering, wishing and dreaming that someone or something would save them. Save them from this slow, mind-numbing boredom. Boredom hovered around the

room like 'the grim reaper' happily taking everyone's minds away from whatever that was being taught.

We all sat there,in the warm early hours of the afternoon, with the the droning , monotone voice of our history teacher in the back-ground.

"After a power struggle of Lenin's followers, Stalin became ruler...blah blahblah....blah Stalins three show trials...whatever...gulags , camps, propaganda ...started in nineteen-thirty-something... " she read on.

I bet even she was slowly drifting away too.. Not really knowing what she was talking about. I slid my phone out of my pocket, just enough to see what time it was. A sign of hope. It was five minutes 'till the bell rang.

I sat up a bit and sneakily started to pack my stuff away, so that the teacher wouldn't notice.

Others who'd seen the time, did the same. Some people were stretching and yawning as if they had just awoken from a deep slumber.

The teacher finally stops chanting the sleeping-spells, slams the book shut and suddenly realises that everyone has packed up and ready to leave for lunch break. Glaring around the classroom in disbelief she squeals "Aye! Aye! Aye! Who told you guys to pack up, class isn't over yet! Unpack right away! Bring out your journals I have to give you your homework !" Big Karl whines from the back of the room "but Miss there's like two seconds of class left"

Bing! Bong! The bell goes. It triggers something inside the hungry teens to suddenly act like a hoard of wild animals, maybe anything with hooves , galloping viciously out of of the classrooms and pouring out into the halls. God help anybody that stood in the path of this stampede.