Chapter One

M.

Mirella Wanders. That name right there is how I go by. I am the type of girl who has been without her parents her whole life. Don't throw me pity stares for all I care.

Ever had that void feeling where you know nothing about your biological parents?

Of course, no. Because not all mothers abandon their children for god's sake! But what the world cares about is how you get on with your life.

The world is so cruel that it doesn't even pity. It just moves on.

In case you were wondering about the world being a jobby to the lot of you is because it is a cold-hearted and an unsympathetic place to survive in.

That's what I say now then I take it back because I somehow ended up living in it.

My mother's not so explanatory leave commenced my panic attacks. I was just fifteen when my mother left me to the most adorable person in this world, Stesha. I'm glad that I have her in my life.

Eventually, I'm here standing in front of a perfectly structured building with my ivory shoulder bag looped over my shoulder.

When you relocate after a long time you mainly miss the memories you made in the place you live in. But all I remember is the last school I attended with the highest population of bullies.

Don't get me wrong when I tell you I have been called 'popular' for once in my life when they pinned the top ranked popular bullying victims. Yeah, the number one was Mirella Wanders.

"You know you can come stay here anytime you want, don't you?" My ears welcomed an angelic voice from behind.

I turned around glancing at those red hot cinnamon shoulder length hair in perfect waves. Her pure hazel eyes twinkling. The corner of her mouth upturned into a brief smile. 

"Yeah," I sighed. "Are we ready?" I asked, barely to Stesha than to myself.

Of course, I was not ready at all.

The problem is that I don't fit in with the people real quick.

Maybe because I am more coy of a person? Or maybe people do not see me for their own reasons.

The seat in the back of the car was so soft that a thought of taking a nap soon occured to me.

**

I woke up when the limo screeched and came to a halt. 

There stood a creepy yet enormous building. The vibes I got were annoyingly weird. Maybe I am overthinking again?

Could be, because that is what I do when I'm not accompanied.

I barely took notice of the surroundings because I do not pay much attention to the things that don't matter.

I can picture my take off to school and from there to home. Why bother anything other than my room?.

The distance was about five hours. Through the drive the thought of me taking a nap faded when a woman with ebony hair along with sharp features and a little girl came into view through the window.