How to Be a Warrior

How To Be A Warrior

How To Be A Warrior

"Jace, honey, I'm sorry." Her mother said, going to comfort her daughter. But remembering that she can't touch her, it would cause too much pain. Lill's face dropped as she turned away from Jace so that the girl in the wheelchair couldn't see her tears fall. How was she supposed to be a mother if she can't even comfort her only daughter.

"Umma?" Jace, age 17 bright blue hair that hung down her back, called not looking away from the rain falling down the chilled windows. It was a brisk March weekend, the weather had been terrible; it's been raining the past two weeks. Causing the already existing pain to feel even worse. The medical team that was working with Jace has her on a medium dose pain medication, regimented closely. When all of sudden you have debilitating pain that never leaves you, it is wise to keep the patient from climbing the walls.

"Dè honey?" Sniffing, as she wipes the few tears that had fallen away from her face. Trying to hold herself together until she can walk out of the hospital room and call her husband. The Heart family, home was twenty minutes from the hospital, so Derrick would get there in about a half an hour.

"It's not your fault. I'll learn to walk again. After I get out of rehab everything will be better." She replied as she reopened her Korean book to continue her self study. Repeating the same thing over and over" My name is Jace, je ileum-eun jeiseu hateu-ibnida."

She decided to write her name in Korean ten times so that she might remember what it is later.

jeiseu
jeiseu
jeiseu
jeiseu
jeiseu
jeiseu
jeiseu
jeiseu
jeiseu
jeiseu

"I'll call your father and tell him to get some of your clothes and things for you." Lill told her daughter as she walked out of the hospital room very upset.

Walking down the hallway and around the corner to where the vending machines were. Sliding to the floor sobbing, thinking that what had happened was her fault. 'How could Jace be this strong? She may never walk again' The disease that Jace had developed has no cure, no treatment. Jace will live the rest of her life in pain; she is so young!

This was killing Lill inside as she got herself together when her husband answered his phone

. "Hello?"

Jace Heart may never walk again, she had been hit by a car when walking home from work last month. Lill was on her way home from a business trip, the train into New York from Jersey was two hours late getting there. Derrick was working late in his office grading papers that his graduate students had turned in the day prior.

The asshole that hit Jace was trying to commit suicide, he accelerated into a pole, but bounced off and hit Jace. She lay there unconscious for a half an hour until help arrived. Thankfully, one of her coworkers had been driving by and called 999. He stayed with her until help had arrived and had taken her to the hospital. He also called the store to say that Jace had been in an accident and had no idea what was going to happen after that.