Elaine

She sat out in the brisk evening staring at the mountains surounding her and white peak of a volcano in the distance. Like her dreams, It was big, bold, and seemed unreachable. The sun that was keeping her warm had just dipped behind a tin roof and finally the mountain. She realized that she was thousands of miles from home. She wanted to cry. Not because she was drowning in her work or her depression, she wasn’t homesick either, but she was crying because never wanted to go back home.
    She never wanted to worry about the work or the people she had to return to. She wanted a chance to be free, she wanted to see the rest of the world with open eyes, she never wanted to look away. She was a wanderer, a soul that belonged which the earth an nothing else. She was breaking the chains that had been placed upon her at birth. There was no need to worry about college or following the societal norms. She didn’t want to be perfect in the eyes of on lookers, she actually never wanted to be noticed by anyone or anything. She wanted to be invisible. She didn’t want to impact the views she loved in any way.
    Every step she took was erased behind her. Every impact would vanish, no matter how small or large. Even with this power, she never took advantage of it. She never picked a flower to press or picked up a rock as a souvenir. She traveled for years on end, never noticed, never stoping. She had seemed to be one with nature. She never stopped looking up, she didn’t daydream of other places because there was to much to look at in that moment. The action that toor her very soul apart every night was going to sleep. Stars, the earths freckles she called them. The rivers, veins that kept the world alive.
    She never dared to say a word, Afraid to interrupt the ongoing song that she had been blessed to ever encounter. She was home, every peak of her castle revealed a magnificent view. She was there in that moment, she was the only one that would every see it like this, It would never be the same.