Prologue

I watch the leaves fall outside.

It was a Sunday morning, and I just got out of bed. Today was the day that I was going to have my date with John, the day that I would be a princess in a fairytale.

Oh sorry, I forgot to introduce my self. My name is Ashley and I am 18 and still trying to find a place in this world. I hope to be a doctor but that's never going to happen.

The rest of the day passes by, and before I know it... It's nearly night.

I was getting ready for the date. I was wearing a red dress with red shoes. My hair was curled and I put on my finest makeup. Me and John have been dating for 3 years, today will be our 3rd year anniversary. I met John when I was in high school, oh those days when we were young and foolish.

I panic as I realize John was waiting for me outside. I get into the car and John drives and pulls up to a fancy restaurant. I get out of the car and I trip on my heels and fall into a puddle of mud. My dress is completely ruin.

John runs and helps me up. "Be more careful" John said laughing, causing me look down and cry. John makes me feel better by telling me a joke. "You always know how to make me feel better." I said smiling at John. John smiles back and we rush in to get our reservations.

We order a fancy lobster, with a side of shrimp. John buys me a cake that was very cute and drives me home. "Thank you for the date, I really appreciate it." I say giving him a kiss, and he walks me to my door and he leaves.

As I am going in I hear a slam, I turn in horror I see...

"JOHN!" I cry out.

And I can see is red.

***

This is the first part of my story.

~StarlightSunset