Kanto

This character is a hypothetical anime counterpart to the Red/Green/Blue versions heroine, who was scrapped from the games and would later be brought back as the female protagonist in Fire Red/Leaf Green. Original base: https://www.deviantart.com/clgbases/art/148-Pokemon-Misty-Pixel-Base-529109149

 //Introduction\\

Name: Holly Verabess (ver-eh-bess)

Age: 10

Appearance: Holly is about the same height as Ash and average weight for her age/sex

Bio: Holly grew up in Pallet Town, raised by her single father, Jason (29); where her mother is is never specified, similar to how Ash's father's status is unknown. Jason has a female Farfetch'd named Dux, from the start of the series that Holly has known her whole life. The night before she started her journey, Holly could hardly sleep. She awoke early the next morning and left for Prof. Oak's lab at sunrise, arriving even a few minutes before him and having the first choice between the starter pokémon.

As she entered the room with the professor, they noticed a fourth pokéball set among the original 3. Professor Oak knew right away which pokémon it was, and picked up the ball to release it. A Clefairy appeared and the professor explained to Holly that this pokémon lived at the lab, but wanted to go on a journey with a trainer, and must have sneaked it's ball onto the table in the night, so a trainer would choose it in the morning. Holly thought this pokémon was so cute, and sympathized with it's desire for an adventure. She asked the professor if she could have the pokémon, and he agreed that if it was what Clefairy wanted for itself, he shouldn't try to hold it back, and thus began Holly and Clefairy's journey together.

(Clefairy was considered for the role of series' mascot for a time before Pikachu was ultimately chosen. Holly is based off the protagonist rejected from the original games. The two go together.)

Though they don't travel together Holly and Ash do run into each other sometimes. She's met Jessie, James, and Meowth, and helps deal with their shenanigans whenever she crosses paths with Ash.

In the beginning of her journey, Holly struggled in training her pokémon. When battles wouldn't go well, she would doubt her capability as a trainer, and was prone to getting emotional or flustered. Clefairy itself, lacked confidence in Holly and though saw her as a friend, wouldn't listen to her as a trainer.

During an encounter with TR, Clefairy was battling Ekans and Koffing to save Pikachu who had been captured by TR. Clefairy was getting tired from being outnumbered, and as it was about to take another blow, Holly suddenly jumped in and tackled the two offending pokémon. She then got up, ready to fight alongside Clefairy.

Eventually Pikachu was saved and TR sent blasting off. Clefairy was impressed with the courage and initiative that Holly—a powerless human—had shown, and believed that its trainer had potential after all. From then on, Clefairy decided to let Holly train it, as well as help her to become the best trainer she could be.

While traveling the Kanto region, Holly and her friends encountered Team Rocket grunts now and again, including in the Pokémon Tower, the Celadon Game Corner basement, and the Silph Co., helping to thwart various schemes. Holly met Giovanni in the Celadon basement, and later battled him in the Silph building, where he easily defeated her, and escaped with the formula to create Master Balls. Despite her failure, the Silph president appreciated Holly's attempt to protect him and his wife from the leader of TR, and rewarded her with a Master Ball.

Like Ash and his friends, Holly and her friends received an invitation to New Island, and there met Mewtwo. After Mewtwo proved itself hostile, Holly attempted to subdue it by throwing her Master Ball at it. The most powerful pokémon was contained for only seconds before breaking free, destroying the ball in the process. After Mewtwo calmed down and erased the memories of everyone who went to New Island, Holly didn't remember using the Master Ball on Mewtwo, and sadly believed she simply lost it.